114H

Started by Shark Hunter, October 27, 2015, 04:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I bought this 114H in pieces. The seller had taken it apart and couldn't get it back together.
The pinion was frozen to the spool. The parts were pretty crusty.
I couldn't breathe any new life into the inner rings or posts. I found some decent replacements in my parts box. That spool has to go too.
SS Sleeve, dog, seven stack, better handle with steel gears and new spool. I gave $40 for the reel and $30 for the spool. Its an older one with the boat on the end plate. Minimum upgrades makes it a bargain.
I have to do this once in a while to show myself I don't have to throw $300 into every one I build. ;)

Life is Good!

jonnou

I have one of these on my bench. it has been there for 4 months. waiting for a vinegar bath and some tlc. I will try to revive with no part replacements. Will be used for deep drops with 80lb braid. oh new cf washers greased of course

Tiddlerbasher

Nice work Daron :) I notice you went with the standard arm and knob - and there is a new ss one amongst the parts :-\

handi2

We always have to be humble on some reels. It is a great one ready to fish hard with 30lbs of drag.

Did you get the washers I sent to you?

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on October 29, 2015, 09:54:52 AM
Nice work Daron :) I notice you went with the standard arm and knob - and there is a new ss one amongst the parts :-\
That ss arm goes to a 12/0. ;) There is another one in the back, but I don't have a handle to fit it.
Quote from: handi2 on October 29, 2015, 04:10:04 PM
We always have to be humble on some reels. It is a great one ready to fish hard with 30lbs of drag.

Did you get the washers I sent to you?

Keith
Not yet Keith.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

I went through this old reel last weekend. It was one of the first Senators I fished. A Gold framed work horse.
I was lucky to get the frame studs out.
Still looks good inside.
I decided to keep it all stock, except for the handle. I need to get some more ss sleeves. I found another Keta krank! Except for the screws being out of place and the stand being corroded. She is ready to go now.

Life is Good!

alantani

awesome work........
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!