146 squiidder

Started by swill88, October 27, 2015, 06:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Hi Randy...

Just picked up a pristine 146 with maroon plates and an aluminum newell seat.
Looking first for newell bars or any other thatwill work. 
A full frame would work too.
Also, an extras spool.

thanks
steve

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Dear Steve, 

I have a set of Newell aluminum 146 bars that have perfect threads but need to be repainted.  Please take a look at the photos below and let me know if they will work for you.  I also have some near mint sets, but they are already assembled to complete reels, and I would have to charge a lot to take them apart and wind up with incomplete reels.  For the spools, I have both Newell and Penn 146 aluminum.  Do you have a preference?

Thank you for giving me a shot at your business,

Randy

swill88

Those bars are fine... I'll restore them.
What are the pros & cons of Penn vs. Newell spools?

PM me the prices? (even for the perfect bars)

Thanks...

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: swill88 on October 27, 2015, 09:22:27 PM
Those bars are fine... I'll restore them.
What are the pros & cons of Penn vs. Newell spools?

PM me the prices? (even for the perfect bars)

Thanks...

PM Sent

reelaction

Hey there Vintage offshore tackle ..
  im looking for a metal spool for the squidder 146 or newell spool do you have one and how much ?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks for the message.  I do have a good used Penn 29M-146 metal spool for $20 or a good used Newell aluminum spool for $39.  Both have been tested to spin true.  Shipping by USPS first class parcel with tracking would be $3 to anywhere in the USA.  Will either of those options work for you?

Thanks again,

Randy

reelaction

sorry to be a pain do you have pic's of both of them ? was kinda looking for as close to new as possible

Vintage Offshore Tackle

If you are looking for new, I have a brand new in the original box Penn 29L-146 aluminum spool for $45 plus $3 for shipping.  I also have the same spool that has a few very light marks along the edge of the rim that would not be visible when the spool is in the reel, but appears to be otherwise in mint condition for $40.  I am sorry to say that I am up to my eyeballs in alligators right now and do not have time to take any photos. 

Thanks,

Randy

reelaction

ok let me think on it thankyou Randy