My Grandpa's 90th Birthday

Started by Shark Hunter, October 28, 2015, 04:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Happy birthday to your Grampa......

.....and please make sure to tell him thank you for his service to our great country !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

David Hall

Congratulations to your Grandfather!  you are right about fewer of the men who served are here every year.  My Dad would have been 98 this year, he was there on the ship when the armistice was signed and spent the next two years living in Japan as part of the occupation forces.  He was a supply seargent, everybody liked him.  He came home for a brief reprise then went to Korea.  he too was pretty tight lipped about his life during those years i got very little out of him except that he would have liked to have had the chance to return to Japan.  Apparently he liked it there.

Crow

And ANOTHER Happy Birthday wish ! And, another "Thank You" for his service !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Alto Mare

Happy Birthday to your Grandpa Daron, nice pic ;)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

happyhooker

Happy Birthday, Grandpa, & best wishes for many more.

When we say to a vet (particularly one from WW II) "thank you for your service" (and I do to Grandpa!), you realize what a thing it was for an 18-20 yr. old kid to go so far away from home, to places they had never heard of, and lay their life on the line.  My Dad, if he were still alive, would be 92 now too; he traveled more than many as a kid because he worked on tugs with his Dad hauling cargo up & down Long Island Sound & the Hudson River out of NYC, but still, he ended up all over the western Pacific on an aircraft carrier that was bombed a couple of times, going to places like Ulithi, Cam Ranh Bay, Marcus Island and dozens more that 95% of Americans in 1941 couldn't find on a map if they had to. For Grandpa, it was maybe the Hurtgen Forest, Bastogne, Remagen, etc.--the names are different but the effect is the same.  Just amazes me.

Frank

Swami805

Happy Birthday, Looks like a fine man, part of the greatest generation. We owe them so much.
My grandfather fought in the great war, My Dad was on an oiler in the Pacific in WW2.
He looks like he's real proud of you too Daron
Do what you can with that you have where you are

gstours

Daron,  Happy Birthday to your Grandfather, and we wish him many more good years to come.   You god good blood in your veins and you are rightfully proud.   Best wishes to your family as well.   Enjoy life as best you can.
   Some of my earliest days fishin was with my gramps.   He, put a lantern in the front of the rowboat and stant up front casting poppers and white/yello streamers at night in the summer while me and my brother would take turns rowing arounf the lillypads.   He sure had fun. Miss him.   So enjoy your gramps.

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.