Just saying hi

Started by Crazyeyes, November 09, 2015, 03:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyeyes

Just wanted to pop in and say hello, name is Mike, I'm from the Tampa area. I just purchases a 900h, I've had a few of the 600h's in the past. I'm looking to hot rod this 900h up a bit so I figured this would be the place to go. Looking forward to learning from you all.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tiddlerbasher

alantani

welcome!  bryan has the 600h drag kit and i have the 900h drag kit and the larger handle.  send a pm if we can temp you with any of these!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Crazyeyes

Thanks everyone, definitely Alan! I bought this reel with the sole purpose of hopping it up a bit. I'd really like to have some of the pieces anodize or powder coated. With the larger handle, you use the original level but just upgrade the know correct?

alantani

i now carry a $10 stainless steel arm that is a copy of the original arm, plus the $33 5/0 grip.  nice combo.  figure $3 for shipping. 

Crazyeyes

I saw another member on here (Three se7ens) had a really slick looking offset handle setup. That's actually the one I really want to go with.

alantani

not sure if the hole will fit the top of the gear sleeve on the 900h.  it is not the same as penn, but they are very nice.  if they are available, grab one!!!!  for the hole to accommodate the handle handle grip, i use two sizes, one is 3/16ths on an inch that fits the screw only, and the other is 5/16ths of an inch that accommodates a counterbore.  i am told that the counterbored connection is stronger.