A nice yellowfin... But......

Started by Steve-O, November 01, 2015, 01:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve-O

She caught the fish but wanted ME to do the holding.

Last time out together,  two weeks ago. She put the skunk on me and caught the ONLY fish of the session. AND did the holding!

Steve-O

These two grassies were also both IGFA records at the time but I didn't bother with the paperwork.

Dominick

Quote from: Steve-O on November 02, 2015, 05:16:41 PM
Thanks,  Dominick!
I looked at a few Baja sites this weekend.

Loreto is appealing to me.

Also looking at the 2016 calendar.....so much fishing ....so little time. ::)

BTW ....I am holding the IGFA all tackle length world record up to 2013 in that grass carp pic. Now it has to be 4 centimeters longer to beat the fellow in Japan who holds the title currently.
Loreto is ok.  SoCalAngler goes down there.  I think his father has a place down there.  I have a daughter living there if you need a place to stay.  She does B&B.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

El Pescador

Quote from: Steve-O on November 02, 2015, 08:59:47 PM
Quote from: El Pescador on November 02, 2015, 07:17:25 PM

Wayne....     Anyways, we both know it's more about this than a piece of paper that says I caught a big fish.

Steve-O!

It's NEVER about the piece of paper, it ALWAYS about the photograph with your budding young daughter / fisherwoman catching fish!!!!!

Do it all for the memories!  That is what your children will remember.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Newell Nut

Way to go Steve. The paper does not mean a lot but the catch and the memories never go away. I have the world record mangrove snapper on my wall and no paper. If I ever get a bigger one will I do the paper? Depends on my mood at the time I guess.

Steve-O

Quote from: Newell Nut on November 03, 2015, 01:00:39 AM
Way to go Steve. The paper does not mean a lot but the catch and the memories never go away. I have the world record mangrove snapper on my wall and no paper. If I ever get a bigger one will I do the paper? Depends on my mood at the time I guess.

That's about how I felt about it...and then noted the title holder's anguish in another forum who had it for less than a year and was bested by 2 cm. And that guy got tied by a kid down near Miami. And then the next year the angler in Japan took it. It would have been a $50 piece of paper with almost one year's worth of braggin' rights.  Pffft! Hence I didn't feel the need for that sheet of paper. It's the journey and memories for me.

weather_man

Cool. What set up do you use for carp? I tried catching them in Japan for a long time and was never able to get one. They are very tricky to catch in my experience. When I was young I used to see the old guys catch them with corn and bread dough. The only one I caught was foul hooked while fishing for large mouth bass, it was quite the fight. Looks like a lot of fun.

Steve-O

Quote from: weather_man on November 03, 2015, 07:34:36 PM
Cool. What set up do you use for carp? I tried catching them in Japan for a long time and was never able to get one. They are very tricky to catch in my experience. When I was young I used to see the old guys catch them with corn and bread dough. The only one I caught was foul hooked while fishing for large mouth bass, it was quite the fight. Looks like a lot of fun.

Sent you a PM with details.