Broadway Senator Collection

Started by broadway, January 18, 2011, 11:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Hey guys, I have been trying to get my Senator Collection photos posted for quite a while... I hope I got it right this time.  I personally cracked open every reel and did a super cleaning/ lube job to make the inside as perfect as the outside.  I kept all original washers or replaced them with each reels own time period washers (thank you Ellis) to make all fully functional and in 100% mechanical condition.  You will notice that I am missing only one of the senators, (not including left handers) the highly elusive, mint/near mint Penn 113HL.  I had one shipped from Ebay that was claimed to be BRAND NEW... when it arrived it had a cracked spool and plenty of wear so it went back.  As for the left handed reels, I'm gonna pick them up as I find 'em (much more rare).  I have gotten a few so far, but I want all of them.  All reels work equal to or better than the day they came off the line.  Sorry it took so long, but good things come to those who wait!  Thanks to Alan and the A-team (all you guys) for helping me with everything... couldn't have done it without yas! I would love to see some of your collections...

PS- I hope the link (below) works cause this took me and mom about 5 hours to do  ???

Dom

http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/316broadway/

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

try it again... I just unlocked it.  Let me know

Bryan Young

Dang Dom, what a collection.  I'm drooling...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

Dom,

That is very, VERY nice!! What a great collection and attention to detail you've shown. It was worth waiting for.
Now if I can find something else to bug you about...... Hmmmm

Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

wallacewt

just missing the penny black,awsome dom lol.

Dominick

Hey Dom:  A neighborhood kid makes good.  Beautiful collection.  Now post some pictures of the reels you actually use for fishing.  All those reels were too clean.  Dom
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Believe it or not all (not bragging, just a fact) my reels look like they're collectors pieces... as I'm sure by the looks of your work area, so are yours (Dom).  The only reels I don't maintain myself are the calcutta te's and my spinners (Pro Reel has them now).  The wire work horses (penn 4/0's with upgraded everything) get used at least once or twice per week trolling wire with umbrellas and bunker spoons, but they get special love for all the hard work they put in... They are my babies!  I'm going to post an article I wrote for another website on how to clean your reels after use... that's the most important thing to keeping your reels in showroom condition.  Thanks for the compliments guys... hope you enjoyed the photos.  Hey Pescachaser, more photos?  ... I need another day off to accomplish that  :-\
Thanks
Dom

Norcal Pescador

Dom, Check your email.  :-\    If I hear wailing and gnashing of teeth from across the continent, I'll know you got it. :'(
Rob
Rob

alantani

here is a goal for you, dom.  how about one of every reel that penn ever made!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Alan,
     I wish I could, but first I need to hit the mega millions... This hobby, as you know, ain't cheap  :'(  Glad you liked it!
Dom

Dominick

Dom:  I checked back here for the article you said you would post on cleaning reels.  Forget the snow, post the article ;D.  By the way I checked the NY weather and they forecast "ice pellets."  Did they stop calling it sleet or hail?  ???
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Pescachaser on February 01, 2011, 04:30:24 AM
Dom:  ....... By the way I checked the NY weather and they forecast "ice pellets."  Did they stop calling it sleet or hail?  ???
Not sure if you'll get a straight answer from Dom as you may as well be talking about rabbit pellets. :-\   They're all the same to him. ;)
Rob
Rob

slip tip

Beautiful collection, Dom!..... 8)

Regards,
David
If you kill it, grill it!