Still messin' with the Cobia

Started by Prof. Salt, November 02, 2015, 09:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof. Salt

I can't seem to find a giant, but when they come around the kayak in pairs I'm happy to help them into that cozy little fishbag!

Steve-O

Nice pair of cobia!  The underwater footage is cool.

Where did you get the deluxe comfy seat?

Wicho5981

Prof. Salt

Quote from: Steve-O on November 03, 2015, 01:12:41 AM
Where did you get the deluxe comfy seat?

Santa Cruz Kayaks offers a seat pan that allows any boat seat to bolt right on. I went with the Tempress Navistyle for the cushion and support. You won't find a more comfortable kayak anywhere!

Steve-O

Nice, I need to get some kind of uber comfy seat. A few years back I put in a long morning up north of me, came home for a lunch break and nap, then headed south to another lake for 6 more hours. Needless to say, I ending up pinching my sciatic nerve and need more frequent breaks now because of that marathon day. My wife and kids were back East and i was going to fish hard that weekend. I did... :-*

Prof. Salt

I did a marathon 18 hour day in Baffin Bay last winter. Started before daylight and ended late that night. I got out a couple of times to relieve myself on shore, but otherwise I was sitting in the kayak fishing. When I finally got back to the truck I was astonished at how good I felt. A comfortable seat really makes any kayak a better fishing machine!