THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patudo

Great thread indeed.  That modded 6/0 could be a natural for pitch baiting - one way to get around trying to hang on to them with artificials.  Stripes down your way get to more than double the 125 lber the reel's already caught, I hear. 

conchydong

Nice. The Blue eyed Trevella sure looks a lot like our Barrel fish that we catch deep dropping off the coast of Florida.

Rothmar2

Yeah Patudo, we do get a few good ones down here, but probably not as consistantly as what they get in NZ.
Having said that I had a 300lber on once that scoffed a whole striped tuna we had bridled up.
Emptied a TLD 25 in about 90secs, you can fill in the rest.....

mhc

Thanks for yet another great report and photos, I'm looking forward to a few more over the next few weeks. Good luck!

And for what it's worth, I believe the yarn about the un-photographed marlin - your description of the event is as good as a photo, even if it is not considered admissible evidence by some.   :) :)

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Alto Mare

Quote from: mhc on March 08, 2016, 09:36:38 AM
Thanks for yet another great report and photos, I'm looking forward to a few more over the next few weeks. Good luck!

And for what it's worth, I believe the yarn about the un-photographed marlin - your description of the event is as good as a photo, even if it is not considered admissible evidence by some.   :) :)

Mike
I agree!
Thanks for doing this, we are all enjoying it.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Mike
Objection.  If there are no photos it did not happen.   :-* Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

anglingarchitect

I agree Dominick, not saying it didn't happen, but more pictures please.

wallacewt

RowdyW

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on March 10, 2016, 03:17:39 AM
And for what it's worth, I believe the yarn about the un-photographed marlin - your description of the event is as good as a photo, even if it is not considered admissible evidence by some.   :) :) Mike

Objection.  If there are no photos it did not happen.   :-* Dominick

Counselor,    you're badgering the witness ;D

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

RowdyW

Dominick

It's amazing the AT members can quote all the Perry Mason legal cliches.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

RowdyW

Update: Law and Order.

broschro

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 05, 2015, 05:57:36 AM
I can't wait to see the rings Rothmar is going to put on the Tank.
I need to get some fish on Mine and lay down the Heavy Metal for once.
open invite to come fish with me any time. We got a thresher shark estimated to be around 200 pounds on my pen 704 Ugly Stik combo. I will try to get some pictures posted up from my friend's phone.

Rothmar2

Just want to check in Dominick, but when do you want the Tank back?
I'm due back at work this time next week. But I will be home last week of April, which was peak Sword time last year, and quite a few Jumbo tuna around too.
I will be home all May as well. I'm guessing you want it back before the end of May?