Pro Gear Wahoo Special

Started by STRIPER LOU, November 06, 2015, 07:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Hi all!
Can someone tell me the size of the Pro Gear Wahoo Speacial physically as it would relate to a penn in size, width, and strength. Aprox drag numbers, gear size and ratio?
Thanks,  ..  Lou

alantani

i always thought that the narrow 113h was a yellowtail special and the narrow 114h was the wahoo special. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

RowdyW

I've got a 349H with a Newell Wahoo conversion. Wide spool, stand, & cross bars. It's about the width of a 114H w/ 3.25 ratio.

SoCalAngler

Quote from: alantani on November 06, 2015, 09:05:21 PM
i always thought that the narrow 113h was a yellowtail special and the narrow 114h was the wahoo special.  

X2 in size.

If I remember correctly the Wahoo Special comes with 5:1 gears, is double dogged, Cap is 300 yards of 50 lb mono and you should get the same drag numbers as a 114.

Oh yes and they came with a ss pinion and bronze main.

STRIPER LOU

Thanks all for the replies. I was trying to get an idea of the size of this reel and it looks to be too big for my application. We just don't get to see that many of them here on the east coast. I have a few 545's, a 251, and a 255 and really like them. Looks like they have risen from the dead and the new models are VS30, VS40, and VS50. Hopefully we can get a look at them and see how they stack up with all the other offerings.
Again, many thanks  ..  Lou

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Lou, I have a near mint 540 Albacore Special that might be close to the size that you are looking for.  You can read Alan's posts about the Albacore Specials in this forum and see the line capacity and other specs.  Let me know if that might work for you and I will send some photos.

Thanks,

Randy

STRIPER LOU

Thanks Randy. I'm looking for a narrow. Do you have a 545 by chance?
....................Lou

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Lou, I'm sorry to say that I do not have a 545 at the moment, but I have a nice load coming that should be here on Monday.  If you see anything that you might like there, please let me know.

Thanks,

Randy
805-748-9202

STRIPER LOU

Wow, that's some very nice stuff you have as usual. I think I see some 251's and 255's and a few of his last models. I'll get in touch with you next week and see what new stuff comes in! More looking for a narrow.
I'm glad I don't live in your neck of the woods as I would be broke all the time.
Thanks again,  ..  Lou

Vintage Offshore Tackle

You have a good eye Lou.  251, 255, CS500, a pair of gold CS501, CS625 and Oceanus 30.  I will let you know if I find a good narrow larger diameter Pro Gear.

Thanks,

Randy