Tough Life

Started by alantani, November 11, 2015, 07:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

this is just age.  nothing short of a full tear down would have prevented this.  

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

johndtuttle

Wow...I hate reels that seem ok on the outside, and then inside look like something out of The Walking Dead  :'(

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tightlines667

Quote from: johndtuttle on November 11, 2015, 07:43:15 PM
Wow...I hate reels that seem ok on the outside, and then inside look like something out of The Walking Dead  :'(

Heretofore to be known as 'The Walking Dead Syndrome'.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

handi2

Alan I have a file full of pictures from the Torium series that look just like and worse then that....

Why they do that I don't know.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

alantani

because they're dry on the inside!!!!!  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

thorhammer

Being from NC, I would have planted a tobacco plant in that in that head plate and set it on the front porch then gone catfishing....jus saying

steelfish

I have found some trinis the same way.. seems that some guys with nice gear think that their nice and shiny reels dont need maintenance as cheapo ones.

The Baja Guy

johndtuttle

Quote from: alantani on November 12, 2015, 01:26:28 AM
because they're dry on the inside!!!!!  :-\

"But I rinsed my reels and wiped them down after every trip...."

MarkT

Looks like it's full of mud! Did it clean up?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Steve-O

Mud?!?     Get that reel some Pepto! It's got the . :o.. sh.....oot, it just may clean right up. :D

fisher480

I was fishing in a very remote area with a bunch of guys when one of them had troubles with his Calcutta 200B. It turned out that he didn't even know that the knurled knobs on the side plate allowed assess to the internals! I did a field service and was amazed how they came back to life. The guy was a great fisherman and lure maker but no mechanical ability. I have since serviced both of his Calcuttas and he says they have never been better and I now have a new best friend.

Once the dirty and grit is removed you can be surprised.

Jeri

Hi All,

Had a Gold Trini found by an angler on the beach - brought it to us, said it was a 'bit stiff', could we 'just servcie it!'

When we opened it up, it couldn't have got another grain of sand inside, it had obviously been under the sand in the surf, and filled up FULL!

Cleaned out everything, and serviced full, and cast like a dream, though did have to charge extra for the sand removal, amazing how it jams into all the grease in the gears!!

Great reels, but best worked with some respect and maintenance.

Cheers from sunny Africa,

Jeri