Cork Puppy's

Started by SoCalAngler, November 13, 2015, 06:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

In the other thread I talked about the new design to the Cork Puppy's in contrast to the older ones.

Here are a couple of pics of the older models. As you can see what I called "flanges" are the silver pieces on the sides of the clamps.

In this first pic I have three different widths of the Cork Puppy's and the parts I'm talking about as the "flanges" are pushed to their thinnest to support thinner width of lugs on a reel.

In this second pic it shows the same clamps with the "flanges" moved wider to accommodate different reels or wider lugs.

In the newer models I saw of the Cork Puppy's these sliver pieces did not slide in or out, so if your looking to buy some it would be best to make sure the "flanges" do in fact slide in and out to fit the reel your looking to mount to a rod.

Edit: You can also see these clamps were manufactures by two different companies, maybe it is a licensing thing? I don't know and I don't remember who was making the new clamps either but be aware of the differences.