Sometimes ? - Updated with pics

Started by Big Tim, November 13, 2015, 10:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Sometimes your work week ends and you think God I'm glad that's over & Sometimes it ends like this  ;D

Off to the Channel Islands and a weekend of fishing, pier fishing and crabbing, drinking and tellin' lies   ;D

Full report in a couple of days
Getting the gear ready

Meet Daryl (on the right) Jeff on the left...Daryl an I go back 25 years and he lives 5 minutes fro the Port Hueneme pier...Rough life

Sunrise at sea  ;D

OK from here it goes like this...we caught mackerel,baby reds, blues, under sized lings and+++ I think I tossed back 50 fish...We did manage close to limits on small rock fish, I had 2 undersized lings and a 20+ pound ray that tangled about 10 lines  :o and I handed my rod to the deckie and said I'm going to cut the line but wait till I get my camera...He just cut the line and handed me my rod back S#@!&&%T

Not much other than a fantastic time with friends

Went Pier fishing later and got a couple of nice spider crabs (Hopefully Daryl's pics come out OK and will add later) Then Sunday morning football. Not a Cowboy's fan but he is my BRO!...Got ready to go and then Ventura County got hit with 30-40+mph winds and rain, I waited this out before heading for home. This is wat I had in front of me on the Grapevine.

1.5 hour wait on the Grapevine due to a wreck, then rain & then SNOW!!! I got off the mountain just ahead of the road closure  ;D ... Smooth ride home with about a 3 hour lightning storm over the Valley

Shark Hunter

Go Get'em! Big T!
I will be waiting on the report. ;)
Life is Good!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Knock em dead.  Also put some bubble wrap or something around those reels.  They pick up boat rash on the ride in the car.  or go buy some Crown Royal cloth bags to cushion the reels.  They also give you a free bottle of whiskey when you buy those bags.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Big Tim

Dominick, I would buy those Crown bags but I actually have reel covers...Not sure why I don't use them?

BT

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Big Tim

Quote from: MarkT on November 17, 2015, 03:50:17 AM
And yet you buy Busch beer?

I had to have something for the Pier Rats...They appreciated the beer, I also pased out a carton of cheap Ciggs.