Daiwa Sealine 50H

Started by hrogers, November 14, 2015, 05:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrogers

Hi Everybody - I hope I can get some answers for my problem :
I got a Daiwa Sealine 50H reel for free. The problem was that the bolt that hold the dog in position was damaged. Previous owner couldn't get the Bolt out so he tried to drill it out. He did not succeed and that's how I received the reel. I loosen the bottom nut cut the bold and drill it out from the hold plate side.
I serviced the reel and put it back together, because the threads are damaged on the hold plate I used another bold and nut to hold down the plate and to keep the dog in position.
While testing it in hand it looks good till I decided to put it on the rod and test it like that.
Problems :
The Yolk plate jump off from the clutch cam, I reopen it and reinstall everything, Same problem 
after the casting the yolk plate was out of position again.
Well I was thinking of a method how to keep the Yolk plate in position,
so I drilled a small hole in inside the clutch cam and use a small self tapper screw to hold the yolk plate in position. I tested it and it worked perfectly.
Any particular reason why the Yolk plate would jump off from the cam ??

Thanks
Henry

alantani

never seen that problem before, but i can imagine it happening if you didn't have everything buttoned down tight.  just as long as it works now......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

hrogers

Thanks for the info Alan. I will take a photo of the reel of the current condition and posted it

Porthos

Since you got it for FREE, call up Daiwa and see how much the replacement parts are. If it runs $30 or less, I think you're still ahead of the game.

basto

This happened to me when I was trying to put my reel back together once and it was because I had bent the eccentric jack. When I flattened it out everything was good. Took me a while to see it was bent.
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

hrogers

Thanks for the information -
Well here is the photo of the reel where the self tapper hold the yolk plate in position.
I will look at the eccentric jack when I open it again.
Never too old to learn
Henry