Penn model f

Started by Macdapaint, November 15, 2015, 09:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macdapaint

For sale, has a small chip. Asking $1,200.00 OBO

Alto Mare

Wow! You're really coming in with a bang.
How about you introduce yourself...

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Macdapaint

I apologize I'm not real tech savvy. Someone told me to post it on this site. Not trying to be rude at all

Maxed Out

$1200 is top of the mark for a model f.

With chip in plate AND not having to pay any eBay seller fees, I'd say a $600 offer would be more than fair.....Just my opinion
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Macdapaint on November 16, 2015, 10:12:24 PM
I apologize I'm not real tech savvy. Someone told me to post it on this site. Not trying to be rude at all
No need for apologies, I just thought it would be a good idea if the guys that might be interested in your reel, know your name.
Good luck with the sale.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

While I can appreciate you joining on another person/members' recommendation it would've been nice to introduce yourself as Sal said.  This place isn't a dumping ground for people to just join to sell their garage sale finds on, it's a place to learn, joke, teach, create, and share a common passion of fishing reels and everything fishy.  While we love vintage tackle more than most I think you'd be better off joining in some conversations and threads before trying to sell on here.  Who is going to trust you with a $1,000 when we don't even know your name? ...Would you?
I also agree with Ted in the fact that $1200 here is equal to $1400-$1500 on Ebay which that reel will not fetch.  
Best of luck,
Dom
PS- I don't think you were trying to be rude, but this place is family and different than anywhere on the internet.

Dominick

Well said gentlemen.  Mac welcome to the site.  Please do not feel bad about the treatment in this thread.  Read through the Ohana section of the site.  It will give you a feeling about the members and how trustworthy they are.  Most of the members have a warm affinity for each other.  Stick around and wait.  If you don't get a reasonable offer offer it again at a later date.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jonnou

Welcome Mac

These are all good guys. Take a look around the site. You won't regret it