ALAN CHECKED OUT THE SPORTSMAN EXPO IN SACTO

Started by Dominick, January 23, 2011, 11:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Alan:  I could not get out to the expo.  Did you get to see Phinnaddict's booth?  Did you get any pictures?  What was the gaff like?  I want one (don't need) but I sold my boat and don't know what to do with it.  Also did you happen to check out the painted cedar plugs?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

yes, the poor guy got stuck out in a far corner.  he traded me a charter special frame and handle for a gaff!  i have some photos and will post them later.  oh, and the cedar plugs looked great!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Pescachaser on January 23, 2011, 11:24:03 PM
...... What was the gaff like?  I want one (don't need) but I sold my boat and don't know what to do with it......
Home defense!  ;)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Hey Rob:  Good thinking about home defense, but you remember the old expression "Don't take a gaff to a gun fight" don't you?  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on January 24, 2011, 01:03:44 AM
 i have some photos and will post them later.  

Alan: How does a not too busy guy (me) ask about the photos you were going to post :-[. Dominick

alantani

no problem! 

so i hitched a ride with jose montes (locally known as pistolero)  and he dropped me off in roseville to pick up with bmw, then drove back the expo.

meet gene sutton, phinaddict!

next stop was fisherman's warehouse.  they were doing a pretty brisk business.

i stopped off at the shimano booth.  lots of guys there, a couple looked familiar but none that i knew by name. 

no show would be complete without steve carson.  if the guy was as diplomat, he could probably solve the mideast crisis in a week. 

here is the new torque.

here is the new 12 international.

old friend frank murata of daiwa.  seems like his job just gets tougher every day.

ahhh, okuma!  woody is catching up on paperwork as usual.  nice line of products.

my favorite electronics shop, johnson hicks!

fishsniffer!

whopper stoppers!  these guys crack me up!

you guys can't see this, but there is a small puddle of drool on the keyboard right now.

my favorite hooks!

my favorite downriggers!

i don't bass fish but my brother does.

my other favorite hooks!

several long range boats were represented.

there were a couple of alaskan resorts there as well. 

brazil!

baja!

san francisco!

a couple of nice seminars.

the crowds stayed light all day.

a little breathing room outside.

the other buildings.

here's the best deal in the house.

and the worst ......

Dominick

Alan: I was embarrassed to ask about the pictures, but you came through.  Good job.  I hope everyone did well at the show, except for the beer stand.  Those prices were ridiculous.  Thanks.  Dominick

alantani

well, 3 of the big megabaits for $10 is a smokin' deal!