CHANGE BUSHING FOR BEARING TORIUM 20

Started by basto, January 25, 2011, 01:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

Hi Alan
Can you tell me if I can replace the bushing under the drive shaft on a Torium 20 with the bearing from the Trinidad 20.
regards
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

alantani

you should be able to.  can you measure it and let us know what the dimensions are?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

basto

CapeFish

Its a straight swap, I have replaced the bush on all three my toriums. That bush has a nasty habit of corroding and getting stuck to the frame, it also tends to wear out the drive shaft

basto

Visero

What's the part number for the bearing?  I'm going to order the dog and spring for my new TOR20 as soon as it comes in this week and might as well replace the bushing at the same time.

Did someone say the TORs come with carbontex or is that only the Trins?

Makr

Irish Jigger

Are  the internal parts of the Torium 20  and Trinidad 20 interchangeable?

CapeFish

Quote from: Visero on April 11, 2011, 12:05:01 AM
What's the part number for the bearing?  I'm going to order the dog and spring for my new TOR20 as soon as it comes in this week and might as well replace the bushing at the same time.

Did someone say the TORs come with carbontex or is that only the Trins?

Makr

Look up the drife shaft bearing # in the Trinidad schematics, that is the one you are looking for to replace on the torium. Only the Trinidad DC and new Trinidad A come with woven carbon fibre drags, not the old gold model, it has the same craptanium washers as the torium.

alantani

Quote from: Irish Jigger on April 11, 2011, 08:17:55 AM
Are  the internal parts of the Torium 20  and Trinidad 20 interchangeable?

i'm certain that some parts would be, but that might not add anything to the reel.  funny that you ask about this, though.  i've realized that after i make all of the standard modificatins to the trinidad, i have basically turned it into a torium.......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

FYI...   That base bushing in Tor 30 ~ is 5 ID X9 OD X3.30 thick mm ...

Have 2 on the bench right now waiting for Carbontex (a 'must' do on them)!!!

Watch that "C" clip under that Bushing (partially hooded & inside spool recess), I just bent one taking it out..?? 
Feels & looks like an Aluminum alloy ~ not steel or springy steel..... 
Bent it back & working, but ordering a new one any way, better safe then sorry!!!!
Hope its better quality????   
Dang Schematic for Toriums (all) are not working at Shimano.. Have to order blind!!!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

nukedawg

can anyone confirm if the bearing needed to replace the bushing on the torium is TGT1204?  Also if i swap it do i need the washer (tgt1093) and lock (TGT0033)?

thank you.

Tidetime

Am I correct to assume, you can do this same swap on the Tyrnos line?  Has any done this, In Bryan's tutorial on the 20 it seems he is about to get into that part.