McMaster-Carr

Started by Alto Mare, November 05, 2015, 10:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

For what its worth, I just want to mention this.
I ordered some screws late last night from McMaster-Carr, I just got home and they were sitting by the front door.
Those guys are amazing, I always receive what I ask for.
Impressive service.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

reelrepair123

ditto,  they are fast shippers, good quality screws.  take care sal

Newell Nut

U-Line is another very fast company for deliveries. I use them for all kinds of heavy zip bags. I buy the heavy mil 3x5 bags to put my pre cut leaders with hooks on them ready in a pouch on my belt for fast changes on the boat.

Rancanfish

Quote from: Newell Nut on November 06, 2015, 01:01:26 AM
U-Line is another very fast company for deliveries. I use them for all kinds of heavy zip bags. I buy the heavy mil 3x5 bags to put my pre cut leaders with hooks on them ready in a pouch on my belt for fast changes on the boat.

Now that's an idea!  Have a U-line link?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

Mcmaster has the zip lock bags in all sizes as well.  I generally order at least once a week from mcmaster, but Ive been using www.mscdirect.com a bit more for cutting tools here lately.  Better selection(tools at least) and you can choose brand(not always an option at mcmaster).

jig-guy

PRICE! I agree about the price but after getting exactly what I needed and wanted after 43 years of purchasing from them maybe the price is worth the extra money so I am not angry and get what I want fast. Worth the money too me. :)

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 06, 2015, 02:30:02 AM

Quote from: Newell Nut on November 06, 2015, 02:14:41 AM
http://www.uline.com/index.aspx?pricode=WK621&utm_source=Bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=uline&utm_campaign=ULINE&AdKeyword=uline&AdMatchtype=p&gclid=CJnWu-Xc-sgCFdJIgQodKTECFA&gclsrc=ds
Constantly getting catalogs from them, I'm guessing because I'm self-employed.
I like their products, but not their prices. :-\

Marcq

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 05, 2015, 10:14:27 PM
For what its worth, I just want to mention this.
I ordered some screws late last night from McMaster-Carr, I just got home and they were sitting by the front door.
Those guys are amazing, I always receive what I ask for.
Impressive service.

Sal

X2

Marc..

Newell Nut

Quote from: Three se7ens on November 06, 2015, 02:50:04 AM
Mcmaster has the zip lock bags in all sizes as well.  I generally order at least once a week from mcmaster, but Ive been using www.mscdirect.com a bit more for cutting tools here lately.  Better selection(tools at least) and you can choose brand(not always an option at mcmaster).

I get nice zip lock bags from U-Line and get great service from them. They have a huge selection and I also get my food saver bags from them.

BMITCH

U-Line, McMaster and mscdirect...all good companies. I've been using all three for everything from screws and screw loc. To sealer bags for the vacume sealer to ultrasonic cleaning fluids. All are prompt with shipping and first rate on customer service. Having options on where to buy certain items is always a plus. I've been stocking my repair shop with these vendors for over 20 years and have never had an issue.
luck is the residue of design.