Fishing Ambergris Caye , Belize

Started by twotone, December 10, 2015, 05:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twotone

Has anyone fished the flats , reef or offshore in Ambergris Caye, Belize? Looking for recommendations for charters , guides and where to fish from surf the surf.
twotone

spc7669

I have fished the flats there twice with a fly rod. What are you wanting to catch and with what gear? It's my favorite place in the world.
Patrick

redfish12

I fished there a few times and always had a good time! I'd highly recommend a sailing / snorkel trip with the No Rush (Captain Stephen Rubio) while you are there. He's really easy going and will let you help him catch lunch and let you troll off the back while you're running down the reef line. You never know what you'll catch! Also he let us bottom fish while we were taking a break from snorkeling to catch the lunch for the next trip and dinner for us.

As for other charter recommendations, I've done a few bonefish trips and we caught fish but the bones are pretty small and the trips are pricey. We did one trolling trip last Feb and it was not good. We trolled the same area for about 4 hours after spending 2 hours looking for bait. We fished old surfmasters on rusted out ugly sticks with bad hooks and lost several nice bites. It was not my favorite kind of fishing and the captain had no personality.