San Quintin, Baja

Started by swill88, September 06, 2016, 06:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Three and a half weeks ago three of us drove six+ hours south of San Diego to SQ, Baja. The pictures just came in so now I can post without grief. We went out 2 days on a 27' super panga. Made a lot of bait, mackerel, on sabikis which is half the fun.

We landed 10 Yellowtail each day at the 240 high spot before noon which was great because the winds whipped to 15-18 and we headed in.

first day's catch headed for the fillet table...

a little bend...

slow trolling live bait...

live lining...

second day's catch... I'm the oversized guy...

San Quintin is a great place to fish...

We each lost big fish to the rocks which is as big a thrill as landing the 20#ers.

Steve

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cortez_Conversions

That is one of many places I hope to visit.
Thanks for sharing!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

steelfish

good times compadre, glad you had a good fishing here at Baja pasific side
The Baja Guy

Big Tim

Kool Beans Steve, glad you had a good time.

BT

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Dominick

Terrific, it looks like those plastic chairs work out pretty good.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

Quote from: Dominick on September 06, 2016, 11:51:56 PM
Terrific, it looks like those plastic chairs work out pretty good.  Dominick

Well they were comfortable.. we broke one the first day and another one the second day.  It's why I'm sitting on the ice chest.

We usually go out on one of the two Parkers but K&M has been putting this panga together so we wanted to give it a try.  The built up rails you can sit on or brace against with your knees is nice.  It's fun fishing closer to the water.

Not the first chair I've broken...

Steve-O

I've seen those same chairs used successfully on boats. They cut all the legs about 10-12 inches shorter. Very stout and steady then. Plus it lowers your and the boat's COG. Good all around.

Oops...forgot to add nice catches!

steelfish

Quote from: swill88 on September 07, 2016, 12:07:58 AM
...... It's why I'm sitting on the ice chest.

fishing sitting on an Ice chest is the best part, you are the master and owner of the beers, nobody will take one without your permission

The Baja Guy

HOLEINTHEWATER