WHAT'S THE TEMPERATURE WHERE YOU'RE AT?

Started by Dominick, January 27, 2011, 04:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

Quote from: joel8080 on January 29, 2011, 11:54:39 AM
It will be 90 in Costa Del Este Panama today and tomorrow and the next day, as a matter of fact the difference between winter & summer is if it's raining or not and it's 3 degrees cooler in winter now were entering summer.

Joel8080

joel, a friend of mine is headed down to panama next week.  i just finished servicing his big old single speed penn international 50 TW.  he has it loaded with 700 yards of 50# mono.  it freespools for hours, no big feat considering the overall mass of the spool.  it is set up for 15 pounds at strike, 20 pounds just past the stopper button, 25 pounds midway between the stopper button and full, and 28 pounds at full.  he says he is going to catch a sailfish.  apparently he had instructions to set up his reel in this manner.  his name is tom and he will be staying at the tropic star.  you will recognize his reel immediately because it has a huge 6/0 kolekar grip on it.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Today was a heat wave-36 degrees! Though we have a snow pack of 3' in Manhattan.

Dom (who can't wait till spring)

Brewer

as i post this, 38 in camas washington. windchill coming down the columbia rvr gorge. still wearing jean shorts too!
"stay thirsty my friends"

redsetta

70 F (21 C) in Auckland (New Zealand) today, with 85% humidity.
Just watching the progress of Cyclone Yasi as it heads for Queensland  http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/sp201111_sat.html#a_topad - it's a monster...
Good luck to those who've decided to stay and see it through.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Dominick, check this out.
This is at Sea Isle City, NJ...and yes, that's the Barbara Ann sitting in ice in the salt water!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Fishead

Ft.lauderdale,Fl - high of 76 today,low of 65 tonight,SE wind 10-15 seas 2-4ft.
Daytime swordfishing anyone??
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

Roger

Quote from: Fishead on February 01, 2011, 10:19:42 PM
Ft.lauderdale,Fl - high of 76 today,low of 65 tonight,SE wind 10-15 seas 2-4ft.
Daytime swordfishing anyone??

That's not funny. ;D  We've been in the high 20's and 30's with rain and sleet for the last two days. I'm ready for spring :o :o
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Dominick

Fishead:  What time do you want to leave for Swordfishing?  I'll catch a flight tonight.  I'll buy gas. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Fishead

They bite throughout the day,just have to get the bait to one.0 for 2,pulled hooks on both.its is about a 45 minute run to the area we fish.1500-1800ft in depth,15 lbs weight,bait is fished on or just off the bottom.I think we broke 80 today,or at least it felt like it.The experts tell us we should remain in this weather pattern for the next week or so.I'm not trying to rub it in,just telling it like it is.The best thing about living here is that no matter what the weather or time of year is,something is biting somewhere.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Fishead:  Yeah Nuthin, Alan's right.  The big nuthin.  I only fished Florida once.  Fished out of Tampa.  I did not plan it as a fishing trip so the only fish running were King fish.  We caught about 15 or so 3 to 5lbs.  I have had grat success in Puerto Rico (Tarpon) and my first White Marlin out of the Dominican Republic.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Fishead: Your offer is tempting. I came down to Islamorada in the Florida Keys a little while ago. It didn't take me long to realize why they call it the "Fishing Capital of the World". I chartered a boat on my own (I couldn't get anyone to join me). We went out for 6 hours, the Captain and Mate fished alongside of me. I couldn't believe how much action in one day! Bulls, Sharks, Triple Tails, Red Snapper and more. I'm self employed and really needed to get back to work, but I needed a vacation to get over my vacation (not to mention rest my sore shoulder)....it was worth it though! I didn't take many pictures but here is a shot of that bull! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Sal:  Great pic of you and the Dodo.  The Barbara Ann frozen-in gave me the chills.  I'll never forget the face freeze when I lived back east.
Fishead be careful of tempting us, you might find us on your doorstep some morning waiting to fish ;D.  Dominick

Alto Mare

Dominick, let's make him an offer he can't refuse, homemade prosciutto and cheese and some homemade wine to wash it down!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D