WHAT'S THE TEMPERATURE WHERE YOU'RE AT?

Started by Dominick, January 27, 2011, 04:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Hey Alto and Dominick,

I'm with you guys... Dom, I'll bring the fresh mozzarella from Campy's (Joe's dairy)... you remember don't ya?  The best/freshest mozzarella in the city for sure.  While I'm at it I'll get the prosciutto de parma from Pino the butcher across the street from joe's :)  Let me know when we're gonna show up on fish heads stoop... I'm in too :)
Hey fish Head I like my coffee light/no sugar... see ya in the A.M.!
Dom

Dominick

Oh Oh! :o  The silence is deafening.  I think we scared Fishead ;D

Dom, if Joe's Dairy is the latte cina across from St. Anthony's Church, I know it well.  My uncle Louie's family (De Maio) used to own it many years ago.  Amazing the store is still putting out fresh mozzarella.  I miss Raffetto's ravioli dough :'(.

Rob: I'll take your word for it that there is a bakery :o in podunk ;D that makes good ciabatta, or even knows what ciabatta means.

Fishead:  Any chance for a cappochino and pastry before we go out?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

flasaltangler

IT WAS 87 DEGREES HERE IN ORLANDO YESTERDAY.I SURE DON'T MISS NEW JERSEY WINTERS   

Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Hey guys, let's not forget the Grappa to celebrate our trophy!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

joel8080

Quote from: alantani on January 29, 2011, 11:50:13 PM
Quote from: joel8080 on January 29, 2011, 11:54:39 AM
It will be 90 in Costa Del Este Panama today and tomorrow and the next day, as a matter of fact the difference between winter & summer is if it's raining or not and it's 3 degrees cooler in winter now were entering summer.

Joel8080

joel, a friend of mine is headed down to panama next week.  i just finished servicing his big old single speed penn international 50 TW.  he has it loaded with 700 yards of 50# mono.  it freespools for hours, no big feat considering the overall mass of the spool.  it is set up for 15 pounds at strike, 20 pounds just past the stopper button, 25 pounds midway between the stopper button and full, and 28 pounds at full.  he says he is going to catch a sailfish.  apparently he had instructions to set up his reel in this manner.  his name is tom and he will be staying at the tropic star.  you will recognize his reel immediately because it has a huge 6/0 kolekar grip on it.

Alan

Sorry I did not get back to your reply sooner. He will have a ball at Tropic Star, the fishing there is unreal what ever you heard or read about Pinas Bay is the truth and understated. There are no roads to get there you go by boat about 8 hours or by small plane and they pick you up at the landing strip with a boat.

I was convinced there was a sign under water that said no small fish allowed. He will have a great trip, now is Sail season and they are big down here also Black Marlin are in along with every other fish you can think of.

Please give him my Phone number (507) 65195066  8 numbers is correct cells have 8 and phones have 7, tell him if he runs into any problems give me a call or wants to have a beer in Panama.

Tight Lines

Joel
Oceanside,California

Fishead

You guys did not scare me off,I don't get on here as often as the rest of you.I don't know how Alan gets any work done as much time as he spends here.all the food sounds good but I'm fishing a 25 open center console,we do cold sandwiches & canned drinks.usually too busy to eat unless we force ourselves to.the experts say we are going to cool off later this week with lows in the 50's.It was 85 & muggy here today with the southwest pre-front wind.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

Dominick

We got it Fishead, you are trying to scare us off with bad weather forecasts.  Okay we won't show up. Dominick

Fishead

Not trying to scare anyone off,you are welcome anytime.Our bad weather doesn't come until summer.See if I am bragging if we are putting up shutters for a hurricane this year(we are due).Only thing we get from a hurricane is a chance to drive down the beach & pick up the fish & lobster that get pushed up on beach.If the storm is a weak one & a boat is available,the fishing after one is as good as it gets out here.I'll still take average fishing & no hurricanes unless we are talking about the college team in Miami.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

reel bob

Wasilla Alaska....Clear. Lows 5 above to 10 below. Northeast wind 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph. Wind chills 15 to 25 below. 

Dominick

Norcal Pescador

Typical Redding, CA [USA] 600ft./182m elevation -

If it's not summer [105oF/42oC] then anything goes.  Right now 36oF/4oC and been snowing for 2 hours now.

Dominick, that would be Podunk on your map. ;D ;) ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD