Commercial shark fishing

Started by Shark Hunter, December 14, 2015, 09:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomT

Shark Hunter

I found the page that lists the 2016 Commercial Shark Fishing Quota.
Between Louisiana and Florida, if Every Shark caught weighed 300lbs, that would be over 3200 Sharks!
I guess my Passion is coming to an end. :'(
I knew it would end, just not like this.
http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/sfa/hms/news/news_list/2015/8/081715_2015_a6_final_rule.htm
Life is Good!

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

foakes

This Commercial Shark Fishing thing --

Has anyone heard how it is turning out?

Or if it went through, or not?

My experience has been with government agencies -- once they move forward -- it is nearly impossible to stop them.

As for online petitions -- while a great cause -- one push of a delete button will erase all in a nano second.

I signed this petition (a good cause) -- now I get 2 or 3 emails every day asking me to sign other petitions -- everything from save the whales, PETA, save the polar bears, panda bears, desert mouse, and a ton of others.

I don't mind the causes -- but I do mind them giving my email address to every group that may or may not be legitimate -- or even reselling my address to other weird, obscure causes.

All of these causes seem to think I am their new, best friend...right.

Be careful when signing up for these petitions.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Unsubscribe from the emails Fred, you won't get any more.
I had to do that in two weeks time.
I don't know the status of the Commercial fishing.
Life is Good!

foakes

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 01, 2016, 10:27:46 PM
Unsubscribe from the emails Fred, you won't get any more.

I did that this morning, Daron -- hopefully, no mas.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

I'm getting bombarded by those as well. When I try to unsobscribe, they have a special message that makes you feel guilty if you do...I'm too soft :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

Sal, take the guilty feeling and unsubscribe. It won't last but a couple of seconds. ;)

redsetta

G'day Daron - had this update before unsubscribing:
QuoteWE DID IT! Thank you for making the Petition such a great success! We have opened the eyes of tens of thousands of people to the plight of shark fishing and we have altered the attitudes of many fishermen in the process. The result is that NOAA Fisheries is in the process of reviewing their policies and considering making many areas "sensitive" to shark fishing. The Petition is now closed but our efforts will march forward with your help! Richard
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Ron Jones

That there is pretty cool. Hopefully the "sensitive" areas are the better part of the ocean.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Really not sure what this all means. I guess You have to be a Marine Biologist to understand all the political nonsense.
I just want to thank everyone for their participation and support. ;D
Life is Good!

mikeysm

The keep sending me junk mail even when I unsubscribed .

mizmo67

Atlantic Shark Commercial Landings Update from January 1 - January 15, 2016
Posted January 29, 2016
http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/sfa/hms/news/news_list/2016/1/shk_landings_update_012916.html

It's nuts...
36 on Atlantic and 45 in the Gulf.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Shark Hunter

This video lifted my spirits. ;D This was yesterday.
http://bcove.me/zwy0b9sc
Life is Good!