Commercial shark fishing

Started by Shark Hunter, December 14, 2015, 09:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I can't believe NOAA is going to do this. As of January 1st, there is going to be commercial shark fishing from boats at the amount of 36 per vessel per day on the gulf coast. This will wipe out the population.
There is a petition to be signed to delay it, but I doubt it will do any good.
This just goes to show, all of my efforts to be a responsible shark fisherman go ignored.
Protected species are not allowed to be kept by an angler, but the slaughter is permitted?
This just goes to show NOAA is a bunch of BS!
Please sign this petition for me and all other responsible shark fishermen.
http://www.sportdiver.co.uk/News/Latest-News/Commercial-shark-fishing-to-return-to-Florida
Life is Good!

Aiala

Done, Mr. Shark. Thanks for posting this... those NOAA idiots must be stopped.  >:(

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

STRIPER LOU

Just signed Mr. D. It sad an unfortunately its all about the money!
......................Lou

Rancanfish

Hey! They try to sneak this stuff through, you're not helping.

Signed. Thanks for the heads up Daron.

I used to be involved in fish politics, but the pure insanity involved, made ME insane.  I literally couldn't sleep at times. All politicos have two faces.

I learned to do what little I could do and walk away.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sdlehr

Signed, will post on my Facebook page to try to get others aware and to sign.
Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

mikeysm

I signed early this morning. It must have been approved from high up for the FBI to block the web site to the petition .

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

Signing a Petition is useful --

But in this day and age of online petition gatherers, paid folks to run the organizations, and the ability to press a delete button -- there is a danger of these online petitions becoming routine, and therefore not taken as serioisly as the signers would hope.

The greater impact would be to have the Petition gathered documentation printed out -- then...

Follow up with a signed personal letter (not a form letter) -- most of us remember what these were...

These letters should be sent to your US Senators for your State, plus the Representative of Congress, for your district.  Congressional Representatives will not be concerned about your concerns -- unless you are a registered voter, in their district.

If enough folks write personal letters, in their own words -- coupled with a Petition, personal phone calls to the Senators and Congressmen -- and make their postion sensible and reasonable -- with no exaggerations or emotional emphasis -- we will have the best chance of succeeding at overturning this NOAA decision that is obviously based on lobbying by special interests.

If some of you personally know one of these representatives -- call them, visit them, and ask their help.

While it is a little work -- we can either do it, or we can just sit back and let the special interests and big government do whatever they wish -- while we complain about the weather.

Just my opinions.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

RowdyW

alantani

done, and thanks for posting this. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

twotone

twotone

Shark Hunter

I want to thank everyone for your support. ;)
Life is Good!