avet lx6.0.1 and avet mxl5.8

Started by dezzer, January 27, 2011, 10:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dezzer

hi all, new to the site,im looking for some advice,im looking for drag washers for both the above reels,and also a full set of bearings for both and where they can be got,also does anyone know the dimensions of the bearings for both reels,regards eddie..............
keep your hand on it !......

spes

I just recieved a full set of bearings for my lx. I ordered them right form Avet. They were $25 for the set of 6 bearings.
Don't know about the drag washer, it was glued in  :'(

I saw a post around were Alan re-glued one in. Is that the recommended method in a replacement? Don't know. Don't know what size it is either, sorry.
Spes

alantani

go directly to avet for these.  they're great when it comes to customer support.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

dezzer

thanks for the comments lads,i have emailed avet a few times,one email said 25dollars each bearing,i emailed back a couple of times since,and have had no replys,that would make it 130dollars just for bearings,regards,eddie.......

alantani

no, avet buys very inexpensive blue seal bearings that are $5 each.  i generally will not use them because of quality issues.  i ordered 20 bearings from them once.  every one of them was bad.  drag washers are fine, though.  alan

dezzer

thanks alan,still no word from avet,can you recomend somewhere else to buy bearings,cant seem to locate anywhere in ireland or england,have looked at bocabearings but i do not have dimensions for bearings only part no,s from avet,is there anywhere to get dimensions,regards,eddie.........

alantani

i never wrote down the dimensions anywhere, either.  if you can pull the bearing from your reels and measure them, i can match them up and ship them to you.  otherwise i would be guessing.  alan

dezzer

thanks alan,will have a go a the measurments,as avet have not got back to me,regards,eddie.....

spes

As I said, I just purchased my LX bearings right from Avet. They were $25 for the full set.
I have them right here in my hand.
Alan, can these be measured with just a ruler? i.e. How precise does it have to be?
I can get a measuring tool from my dad's shop but it would probably be a week before I can get there to get it.

alantani

match them up to a bearing on this list!

dezzer

thanks for all the replys lads,alan cant see any list,eddie...........

alantani

Cowbass

If I were you I'd just call avet!!! There email support is horrible, but I hear there good over the phone. I emailed them a month back looking for rod clamps and the tech couldn't even invoice me for a purchase. Also they don't take paypal. I love there reels but they need to step up there online support and purchasing. Good luck!!!
SHUT UP AND FISH!!!

dezzer

thanks lads,had a look at the list alan,my measurments seem just to be 1 mil out,and only out on 1 of the 3 measurments,got an email from avet today,25$ for the set of six bearings not each,and 35$postage to ireland,i might not be measuring the bearings right,regards,eddie...........