Chris's 12/0

Started by Shark Hunter, December 15, 2015, 06:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

Got it yesterday. Looks great and I'm super excited to fish it! I just need to finish the rod I started building for it. I can't thank you guys enough, far more than I could ask for and anyone could expect!

That LP 18/0 is different from the LP 18/0's I fished from 2012-2014. I wonder when and why they changed. I'll give that rig a try this weekend.

thorhammer

Lets see some rod pics / design theory.

Shark Hunter

Glad it made it back to you OK Chris.
That 18/0 might be "catch all tackle" brand. I know I have some with reverse offset.
I think these were made by LP for them. Just a Guess.
http://catchalltackle.com/commercial-black-forged-offset-circle-hooks-16-0-18-0-20-0-sharks-swordfish/
Life is Good!

Army_of_One

Sorry.  Was trying to quote part of the post.  :-[
Another day in Paradise!

Army_of_One

That's awesome! I'd be happy with a shark I couldn't hold one handed.  It sucks that the pictures are kind of blurry, but it shows the haste they made to get the sharks back in the water PDQ.  Congrats to Chris and Daron!
Another day in Paradise!

Shark Hunter

Glad you are Ok with the share Chris.
I have some washers in my possession that can put out a lot more power.
If you want them., just say the word.
Problem is they are all on. Not a lot of slip when pressure is applied.
I'm just glad the reel that went through my hands to yours has performed as expected.
You definitely have your priority's straight.
Be good and be safe Bruh,
Daron
Life is Good!

Swami805

Nice job on the beach landing  and glad they swam away. We need all we can get to thin the herd of fur bags here. In a few years those smaller ones will change their diet to mammals. Been seeing more and more of them around here, a good sign,hope it continues.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Shark Hunter

I removed some posts here for the better good.
If you have any questions, just ask.
Just trying to do the right thing.
Thank You Sean for your insight Bruh,
I don't know what I was thinking.
I was just happy for Chris.
Daron
Life is Good!

thorhammer

I saw part but not all, but I can sense where it went. Your judgement is enough for me any day, brother.