Longbeach 66 modification?

Started by sdlehr, December 19, 2015, 04:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlehr

Thanks, Fred. Time to call it a night. I mean a 114 6/0, black, with externally-accessible drags. Sheesh. Hang with me guys, I'll get this figured out  ??? ??? ???
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

swill88

Quote from: sdlehr on December 22, 2015, 04:54:18 AM
Maybe I just need to simplify things and just deal with one reel at a time....

i know this feeling!

Ron Jones

If you only dealt with onew reel at a time everything would go back together with ALL the parts in ALL the right places, what fun would that be?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

sdlehr

I use little round, plastic take-out containers to contain all the parts of a single reel when it has been disassembled and I am waiting on parts before reassembly, much like Fred uses his little cafeteria trays. It helps keep things together and prevents parts loss/confusion. I can keep the parts separate, but my "steel-trap" mind sometimes (often?) thinks about one reel and says something about another. I had to go upstairs twice earlier to confirm which reel needed new drag washers ordered, which one need this or that ordered. When I'm away from them they run together - the Penns are all designed so similarly it gets confusing to my tired old brain.... Hopefully as I do this longer I'll become less confused.

I'm also buying one-two reels a week and opening them up when they arrive. I've seen a lot of new reel guts in the last few weeks, and sometimes they just run together.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector