Venison Stew is in the Crockpot

Started by ChileRelleno, December 20, 2015, 05:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

This is my family pleasing venison stew.
Due to having lots of family in the house for the holidays I had to make two crockpots full.

Venison stew meat
Potatoes
Carrots
Onions
Celery

Salt & Pepper
Bay leaves
Thyme
Rosemary
Garlic herb mix
Flour

Chop/cube all the vegetables for your needs, place in crockpot and season with two bay leaves (remove after cooking), thyme, rosemary and whatever you like. Sometimes I substitute frozen mixed vegetables and just chop the potato.
Season meat with salt/pepper, dredge in flour and brown in a skillet, add to the crockpot.
OK, this is where I deviate from the norm, dump one can each of the French Onion & Golden Mushroom soup atop the meat.
Add water to just cover, mix well.
Cook on Med for 6-7hrs, the venison will come out falling apart in your mouth.

Money shots to come this evening.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Alto Mare

That looks good John, looks like you know what you're doing.

Sal.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 20, 2015, 06:24:04 PM
That looks good John, looks like you know what you're doing.

Sal.
I've half a clue in the kitchen, haven't killed anyone... Yet.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

thorhammer

That looks about exactly what I do and it's outstanding. I like the French onion idea; that's the main difference but it will going in next batch fo sho.

Bon appetite!!!

John

ChileRelleno

I needed to stretch this, so I added three cups of frozen mixed vegetables to each.
Ragnar Benson:

thorhammer

Veg-all is the caulk gun of cooking.  :).

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:

Alto Mare

Looks very good John, all you need is one bowl of that stew and you'll be fully charged.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Looks like a fine meal. I ground up all of my venison this time.