How much is the 900h worth

Started by broschro, December 21, 2015, 03:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broschro

Selling this reel along with a TLD 15 not sure what to ask I'm selling these for a friend of mine. Both reels are  like new condition.

Rancanfish

I got one from EBay for $89. (900H) Like new. $100 shipped is good deal.  Again it is demand.  I don't need another. But if it was cheap enough I'd jump.  These are really great reels with the Boss' handle and drag upgrade.

TLD I have no experience with.

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

ez2cdave

Pardon the "brutal honesty", but that TLD 15 is not "like new", after taking a close look at the surface finish, fading from exposure, and wear & tear on the reel.

The 900H looks pretty good, but either the pics were a little "washed out' or it also has signs of exposure / fading on the sideplates, plus some visible wear on the frame in the little bit of the 900H that can be seen in the last pic.

Overall, I would "rate" the 900H at 7.5-8 and the TLD15 at 6.5-7, on a scale of 1-10. I buy and sell a lot of reels, as a hobby, and my ratings are my own "system", based on what I could see in your pics.

To get "top dollar" out of them on eBay, you'll need much better, clearer pics, from many different angles . . . I would also suggest stripping the line from both reels, wiping them down both thoroughly with an oily cloth and using Q-TIPS to clean up the "crud" in the recesses.

Tight Lines !

Ruffy

That TLD has a black handle. Fair chance it is an older, made in Japan, TLD 15. Take note (under the reel foot) and put that in your ad if it is, they seem to attract a little bit more as most believe the materials and workmanship are a little superior to that of the Malaysian models.

Ruffy

ez2cdave

For comparison to your reels, this TLD15 is in about 8.5-9 condition ( the "tape mark" on the left side-plate detracts some ), from what I could see in the pics they had. . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/shimano-tld-15-/231785156308?hash=item35f778ced4:g:iaEAAOSwJcZWcIeL

This 900H is about a 7.5-8 ( the "initials" on the side-plate are a "deal-breaker" for me it would have been an 8-8.5 without them ) . . . It has been "cleaned up" and likely wiped down with an oily cloth ( Helps to "restore" the black side-plates, temporarily ).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAIWA-900H-Deep-Sea-Trolling-Fishing-Reel-/272060820985?hash=item3f5816adf9:g:jXEAAOSwHQ9WW5Hj

Tight Lines !

broschro

thank you for all the reply's Gentlemen. I'm going to clean them up and list them here for now. the tld is made in Japan and the 900 has no initials in the side plate. i will get a bunch of pictures and list them some time Tomorrow. thanks again    Jamie

ez2cdave

Good luck, Jamie . . .

Tight Lines !