Help! for an Ambassador sillver Promax 6600

Started by gstours, December 22, 2015, 04:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Howdy out there,  I need a couple of parts and info fow repairing a friends Amb Promax 6600 reel.  Here are some pictures to maybe help.  As I have never seen another one of these,  This baby has caught a ton of fish.

I need to repair the clicker/fish on alarm on the right side.  Is the end plate part of the frame? Does it pry off? or unscrew?  and where could I find schematics, or possible parts.  Lastly is this thing rare, do other Black Max parts interchange ,   does anybody know???

Ruffy

The left side plate is held on by a screw you can access by taking out the spool. I had one of these for parts but I sold it with a pro max 5600 less than a week ago sorry! If you can find a black max or pro max, in either 5600 or 6600W then the majority of parts will be interchangeable. Only difference between the black and pro is the use of bushings or bearings at the pinion and levelwind. Only difference between 5600 and 6600W is the width of the cage/spool/level wind assembly.

Cheers,
Andrew

Edit: Schematic attached

Ruffy

Don't worry about trying to track down a pro max handle either. They are bearing supported and notorious for seizing. Buy an older C3 handle, the colour will match and there are no bearings to seize as they use bushings.