Main Menu

Started by Alto Mare, January 29, 2011, 03:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Hello Gentlemen! I just realized that I never introduced myself...My name is Sal and I have been a fisherman since birth! Grew up fishing with my Dad in Italy (taught me how to catch one with just my bare hands), moved to the U.S. in the early 70's, continued to be passionate about fishing and still fishing today. Although I have all the necessary equipment, I still come up empty handed more times than I care to admit! I live just outside Philadelphia, about 15 mins. from Penn Mfg. I used to take my reels there for servicing but I now do it on my own and, trust me, it's relaxing! Enjoying meeting all of you great guys on the site! Take Care!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Welcome Paisano:  Glad to have you on the site.  Right you are about the relaxing part, except when some things won't go together the way they should.  But after you get it right, there is great satisfaction.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Norcal Pescador

Welcome, Sal!
I have to agree with Dominick 100%. And yes, catching is more rewarding than just fishing, although fishing beats working! :) :)  Most of my reels are conventional Penns and I like every one of them.
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Keta

Welcome aboard,

Tinkering with my own reels and repairing others keeps me entertained and the people here are a great resource more than willing to help when one of us runs into problems.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

welcome, sal.  let me know if you need help with that progear bridge.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Roger

Welcome aboard Sal...........
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

aus bass

Im on the East Coast of Australia. Sitting inside with the air conditioning on as it's just too hot. Currently it 27 degrees Celcius (thats 80 degrees F to our overseas friends) and it's 9.30pm at night.

Another sleepless night coming up i think.
The greatest lie a reel repairer ever told was "yes dear this is a customers reel".