Baja Special Mod.

Started by Normslanding, January 05, 2016, 01:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normslanding

Hi all, I have never looked close at a Baja Special. I am not referring to a conversion, narrow 4/0.
I am considering the use of a Power House, or Reel Deal transmission on a Baja. My question is will they a match up to a Baja. I do remember that a Power House would fit a 4/0 but some filing was required on the outside of the side plate in order for it to fit. The real issue is the bridge, is the bridge shaft, and bridge hole spacing the same as the 4/0's.

johndtuttle

Quote from: Normslanding on January 05, 2016, 01:17:59 PM
Hi all, I have never looked close at a Baja Special. I am not referring to a conversion, narrow 4/0.
I am considering the use of a Power House, or Reel Deal transmission on a Baja. My question is will they a match up to a Baja. I do remember that a Power House would fit a 4/0 but some filing was required on the outside of the side plate in order for it to fit. The real issue is the bridge, is the bridge shaft, and bridge hole spacing the same as the 4/0's.

The side plate on a Baja Special is very different than a regular Senator 4/0. :(

Normslanding

Thanks.
If the bridge screw locations are the same, and if the threads for the handle nut are the same I may be able to use a trans. on the Baja.
Any input about the handle nut thread, and screw location would help.
            Thanks to all for any help.

day0ne

The gear sleeve is very different also. the 113H uses a type B sleeve and the 113HN uses a type Q. see: https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Handles.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter