Hi, New guy here from Malaysia

Started by eiyoyo, December 22, 2015, 04:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eiyoyo

Hello everyone, I'm Nicholas from Malaysia. Recently I just own a Penn 6500ss and soon to be 9500ss. My mission is to reduce the handle back play (AR) of this reel.
Anyway I'm glad to join this group. =)

Dominick

Welcome Eiyoyo.  Good to have you on board.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

foakes

Welcome, Nicolas --

Lots to learn.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tiddlerbasher

eiyoyo

Dear All, I manage to buy Penn grease and today I have dismantle my Penn 6500 SSJ for service. I found out that I have a fully rusted Line roller (35-8500J) stuck with 2 pcs bearing (35A-8500J) and a rusty roller washer (132-8500J), also have an oxidized spool (drag area) 47-6500 with worn out carbon drag and bail arm (34-750). I'm soaking the rusted parts in WD-40.

To Do List
1. Need to buy
   - Line roller (35-8500J)
   - Washer (132-8500J)
   - Bail arm (34-750)
   - Carbon drag washer to replace worn out drag

2. Want to ask
    - Bearing ID for (35A-8500J) if anyone knows.
    - Oxidized spool can be used? or better get a new one?

For the buying list, anyone have stock and willing to ship to Malaysia, please let me know or pm me.
Thanks

Note : I don't know where to post this topic, sorry for any inconvenience cause.

alantani

Looks like you'll need a new bearing.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

eiyoyo

That's the line roller bearing which tightly stuck with the line roller. Maybe I should try some vinegar to remove the rust.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain