Fishing in December Florida style.

Started by broschro, December 31, 2015, 03:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broschro

What a beautiful day we had today 2to3ft rollers and light wind 75 degrees made for a comfortable day.we caught so many of the endangered red snapper it made me sick :-\. Well the old penn 65 i put together is becoming one of my favorite little reels. My son hooked in to a 40# cobia yesterday 12/30/15 and the little reel performed. Upgrades include bigger handle, Newell stand, and greased 3 stack. I will add the ss sleeve and 5 stack soon. Here's a few pictures.

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

conchydong

Nice one. Cobia ceviche for New Years Eve party appetizers would be righteous.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

broschro

Thanks Guys Cobia is one of our favorite.

wallacewt

Newell Nut

Well done Jaimie, we have been catching kings down our way and a pile of red snappers. Tightline 66/ John was with me today for some of the action.

Tightlines667

Congrats on that nice fish!

Sounds like a great day on the water.  It was beautiful out there today out of New Symrna Beach. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

broschro

Cobia are a majestic fish you never know when they will pop up. Dewight we always catch red snapper up here every single trip. I really hope Noaa gets it right this year and opens  a sessions for us. Last time they opened it smack in the middle of  the spawn how smart. I'm glad
Y'all had a fun trip the weather was perfect. any time any forum members are in the area hit me up for a trip.

Newell Nut

Quote from: broschro on January 01, 2016, 03:54:00 PM
Cobia are a majestic fish you never know when they will pop up. Dewight we always catch red snapper up here every single trip. I really hope Noaa gets it right this year and opens  a sessions for us. Last time they opened it smack in the middle of  the spawn how smart. I'm glad
Y'all had a fun trip the weather wad perfect. any time any forum members are in the area hit me up for a trip.

Next Christmas on your boat weather permitting or you can join us down here on the big boat.

broschro

I will  come and fish with you before Christmas. This spring sounds good.