A Nice Day on the Pastime Princess

Started by Tightlines667, January 01, 2016, 12:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Had a nice day on the Pastime Princess out of New Symrna Beach, FL today.  Good group of guys, and gals, the weather was beautiful , and there was enough action to keep us all busy.  Though we didn't end up with a large bag of keepers, still a great day.  Dwight caught the largest Snapper...

We caught and released a previously tagged fish as well.

The highlight of the trip was when a nice young (12 year old) angler caught his 'fish of a lifetime' King Mackerel on a Dwight Custom IGFA 20 class rod, while 'flat lining' a whole Sardine....

This kid knew what he was doing, and handled that fish quite admirably.  

I didn't take many photos, but here are a few more...

Here is a link to some other trip photos from today's trip...

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/deepseafishingdaytona/albums/72157662845170552/

Due to a little longer vacation this year, I was able to go fishing with Dwight twice this week.  Me and my dad had a good time last Tuesday as well.  I caught a King, missed a few other nice fish, and had enough fresh fish at the end of the day to enjoy a nice dinner.  I didn't take any pictures last Tuesday, but here is a link to the trip photos...

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/deepseafishingdaytona/albums/72157660614039603/

Dwight and the entire crew deserve a big 'THANK YOU!' for making this Christmas season nice and fishy for me :) ;) :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Looks like a good time John.
It that you and your Dad taking a smoke break?
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

The last picture with Stephanie, John and I and a red snapper was one for the record book. Stephanie got a hook up and was hung in the reef. I got a bite and a hook up and I winched up that snapper and while doing so her line got freed up. Both of our hooks were in that snappers gut. What a way to end the year with a bunch of friends and tourist.

newport

Cool trip. Can you tell me the species of the fish between the bigger king mackerel and trigger fish? I caught a bunch of them while tossing lures at mahi, and they were everywhere. They were very agressive, and was a bit annoying cause they would grab the lure before the mahi. I probably caught like 15 of them; needless to say, I never got my mahi, and the mates were telling me they were jack fish, but couldn't tell me the exact kind. I was told to throw them back, so I did, but kept one for the table. It was pretty good, but not much of a meal, obviously.

Alto Mare

Very nice, Mango Man strikes again. Looks like you had a great day John, thanks for posting the pics.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 01, 2016, 01:00:53 AM
Looks like a good time John.
It that you and your Dad taking a smoke break?

No Daron.  Those were a couple of Dwight's friends and 'regulars' on the boat.  I didn't get any pictures of my dad in action, and I never need to take a 'break' from fishing to have a smoke :)
Hope springs eternal

Newell Nut

Quote from: newport on January 01, 2016, 01:17:17 AM
Cool trip. Can you tell me the species of the fish between the bigger king mackerel and trigger fish? I caught a bunch of them while tossing lures at mahi, and they were everywhere. They were very agressive, and was a bit annoying cause they would grab the lure before the mahi. I probably caught like 15 of them; needless to say, I never got my mahi, and the mates were telling me they were jack fish, but couldn't tell me the exact kind. I was told to throw them back, so I did, but kept one for the table. It was pretty good, but not much of a meal, obviously.

That is a porgy and some call it a silver snapper. Very good on the table too.

swill88

Newell Nut... is that a fishtail belt you are wearing in the first pic?... I like it!

thanks for the report John

Tightlines667

Quote from: Newell Nut on January 01, 2016, 01:37:07 AM
Quote from: newport on January 01, 2016, 01:17:17 AM

That is a porgy and some call it a silver snapper. Very good on the table too.

I think.he is asking about that Jack?
Hope springs eternal

Newell Nut

conchydong

Quote from: Newell Nut on January 01, 2016, 01:39:43 AM
Bar Jack.

Small Almaco Jack or sometimes referred to as a Bar Jack in some locales. In South Florida, the Bar Jack is a Jack that looks somewhat like a Blue Runner with a noticeable blue streak that runs lengthwise under its dorsal fin.

newport

Yeah I am familiar with porgies. Thanks for the replies. it does look like a bar jack. It's been bugging me a little bit. Identifying jack is like trying to identify between shark species.at least for me.