114 on EBay with screw in side plate

Started by sdlehr, January 01, 2016, 07:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlehr

Happy New Year everyone! I saw this listed on EBay, with this screw in the right side plate next to the eccentric. Anyone have any idea what this is doing here?
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Alto Mare

The post for the jack to ride on is gone, so he replaced it with a screw. The reel is probably working just fine, but I'll suggest to move on.

sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 01, 2016, 07:37:14 PM
The post for the jack to ride on is gone, so he replaced it with a screw. The reel is probably working just fine, but I'll suggest to move on.

sal

Well said Sal.

It likely isn't a very good candidate for parts reel either. Sal suggested to move on....I'm saying "run forest run"  ;D ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

sdlehr

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 01, 2016, 07:37:14 PM

sal
Thanks, I wasn't ever interested in buying the thing.... I was just wondering what this screw was doing where I wasn't expecting to see one. Thanks.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

mizmo67

Yeah, that's a major MacGyver move. Eventually the plate may crack. I suppose you could consider it for salvage?
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Aiala

It has maroon plates... isn't that a 114H? In any event, someone must've bought it, I can't find the listing.   ???

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

I had to do the same thing once with a 10/0 Sid. I used a screw that wasn't as obvious.

Life is Good!

RowdyW

I did a neater job on a 114 6/0 (blackie) and made a pin out of a steel rod & drilled just the inside of the plate. Epoxyed it in. Wound up giving the whole reel to fatstriper (Sean) who is using it for a kite reel for Bluefin off of Mass.