Hi guys

Started by Joe T, January 04, 2016, 05:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

I'm going down to shoot my old lady - you know I caught here messing around ;D

Shark Hunter

I'm going way down South, Way down where I can be Free. ;)
and catch me some Sharks! ;D
Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

reelrepair123

welcome joe,  good therapy working on reels, lots of help here from great members.  sometimes it can be frustrating, but it's also very rewarding, welcome aboard.   harryk

mizmo67

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Big Tim

garyal

Hello everyone. I am recently enrolled onto this great site! I live in Stockton, CA and I have been long range fishing out of San Diego for 30 years. Currently I get out for 20-30 days per year and my boat is the Intrepid. Years ago, I serviced my own reels (Penn YT special, Newells and a couple of Penn Internationals.

However for the past dozen years, I have been having them serviced by a local San Diego tackle shop. After having problems with recently serviced reels, I decided to start doing my own service. A guy from my recent 13 day trip (Phil Hein) referred me to this wonderful site. I set up a reel service station in my garage based on information sifted from this site!

I must say that not only are my reels getting better attention and TLC, I find it therapeutic to do this work myself. I fish a complete set of Accurates. (well only 3 ATDs and all of the small ones (400N thru 600). My son who gets my hand me downs fishes a set of Avets. My only two non 2 speeds are jig reels, Trinidad 16DC and 20DC, not counting the box of retired newels, Penns and Shimanos.

Thanks to Alan and everyone for hosting and posting such a fantastic collection of knowledge and lessons learned!

foakes

Great to have you on board, Gary --

Sounds like you know your gear pretty well.

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

phil dropped by a couple of weeks ago.  gary, if you're ever in the san jose/saratoga neighborhood, swing by for a beer!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tiddlerbasher

Welcome to the font of knowledge that is this forum :)

garyal

Alan:

Thanks for the offer! I may take you up on it one of these days when it gets a little warmer. Both my wife and I are from  Campbell / Los Gatos. I went to Del Mar High Scholl over near Bascom and Hamilton. I used to ride my 10 speed bike up and down Highway 9 to and from the summit at Skyline Blvd. Now we do it on a Harley a couple of times per year. I got my first speeding ticket coming down highway 9 on a 10 speed at 14 years old! 50 in a 35 near Saratoga Springs! :-) That was 1969!!!!

Fisherman Paul

Welcome to a great site, so much knowledge in
one place, great bunch of guys/girls on here,
the experience is second to none.