Okuma Andros

Started by montauk 17, February 01, 2011, 03:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

montauk 17

Alan,
Thanks for the tutorial on the Okuma Andros, but what is your opinion of the reel? I'm in the market to perfect my last ( I hope ) 40# setup? You rebuilt my Titus Gold last Fall and you did it from stem to stern. Is this Andros, as is, worthy of carrying me through the twilight of my career? or should I be looking at some other brand. You have been very helpful in the past and I would appreciate your input.
Thanks,
Bill Swartz

alantani

the makaira 8 two speed is probably a better legacy reel! ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill Benrath

I haven't been able to find the 8 size, is it brand new?

What is the reason you don't think the Andros is a legacy reel; is it too light?

Bill

Roger

Bill, as far as I know Okuma hasn't come out with the 8 just yet. I think that's just wishful think'n....
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

montauk 17

Hi Alan,
What is our opinion of the Okuma Andros (A-5II) versus the Accurate Boss Extreme 2 speed? Is the $200 extra in the purchase
price worth it?
Thanks,
Bill

alantani

i have an andros that i have to crack open this weekend.  i think it will be a better reel than the accurate.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!