shakespeare 2091 ec handle

Started by bill19803, January 07, 2016, 10:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill19803

Im  sure this is  absolutely  wrong place  to post  but   dont know where else    so here  goes
was  hunting  for gear in  cellar   for  long range trip and  found leftover from michigan  salmon  days  from longer ago then ill  admit. A  shakespeare   2091   ec  coffee  grinder    that needs a handle.Does anyone  maybe have   one for  sale ? Id  like  to resurrect the old beast  and  use it to  terrorize  bluefish.  If i  dont  answer   immediately  in   trying to pack   for  15  day on American Angle   to  Clarion/Hurricane Bank
Thank s
Bill

mike1010

I've got one.  PM me your mailing address and I will send it, no charge.

Fred Oakes, don't worry.  I am certainly not parting out the beautiful Ted Williams 2091 you gave me.  BTW, that reel was responsible for quite a few bluefish and stripers this fall.

Mike

foakes

Great, Mike --

Glad you put the old soldier to good use.

And thanks for helping Bill out.

Bill in turn will be able to help someone else down the road.

That is what makes this site so special.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mike1010

Alan, thank you for this site, from which I get so much benefit.  I'm happy for the opportunity to pay some of that forward.

Mike

bill19803

Mike  thanks   for  the offer

Capt.  Bill Miller
**** **** Rd
Wilmington,  De  19803

bill19803

MIke  was a man of his  word   Pristine Handle arrived via  usps   thought  all  would be well  at that point   Didnt  figure   bail  spring  would be a bummer  It  was  a ( (16 year old  rule  applies)  After 4   sessions serious  swearing  and  3-6 reviews of  mikes tutorial  all is  well. Now  to  redisassemble  spool  drags to measure  drag  discs  so i  can  play with   greased   cf. Something  to  do  while im locked  up with  about  16 inches  white stuff in yard.  As  a  whole id rather be at Clarion   and  will be in a few  weeks .

mike1010

Glad to hear it worked out, Bill.  Yes, that bail spring is tough.