4/0's & 349H's Due for Cleaning

Started by CaptainRMF, January 08, 2016, 04:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRMF

Hi Guys, just thought I'd share what's going on. Finally the Holidays are over and life getting back to normal. Since there's only 3 months till the boat cover comes off, thought I should finally service all the reels my Dad left me. As you can see, he wasn't much on keeping them clean. Thanks to this forum and the wealth of knowledge I'm gaining every day for the members here I think I can handle this. Will keep youz informed of progress. Thanks in advance for the help I might need.                                            Richy   
Richy aka CaptainRMF

foakes

Thanks, Richy --

Look forward to your progress reports.

Nice reels.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

CaptainRMF

Thanks Fred, all total there's 4 - 113H's, 2 - 113HL's and 7 - 349H's. The bottom photo is 3 of the 349H and 1 113H torn down already. Should keep me busy for awhile. Already making a list for Dawn and Scott's. Thanks
Richy aka CaptainRMF

Aiala

They don't look so bad... bet they'll clean up beautifully!   ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Maxed Out

Well now, obviously your dad loved to fish, and a little TLC will have those reels back in service and better than ever. Well worth it IMO
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

CaptainRMF

OK so been busy, since it's a rainy day. Got 6 reels torn down. 4 completely cleaned waiting for new parts. 2 half cleaned except plastics. Not too bad. Only took 3 beers. LOL. Time to relax. Later.               Richy
Richy aka CaptainRMF

Reel 224

It's good to see people take care the old penn's. This site is very helpful with that also.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

handi2

Now all you need is a larger table..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Zimbass

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

CaptainRMF

Quote from: Max Doubt on January 08, 2016, 07:06:19 PM

Well now, obviously your dad loved to fish, and a little TLC will have those reels back in service and better than ever. Well worth it IMO
Yes he did Max. He fished every day he could when he worked and 5 days a week for 30 yrs. when he retired. And yes it is definitely worth it. Thaks
Quote from: Zimbass on January 10, 2016, 04:04:17 AM
Is that Coors can a new lubricant  ??? :D
Yes Zimbass it's THE MOST IMPORTANT lube I have. Helps keep the MAIN machine well lubricated. LOL
Quote from: Max Doubt on January 09, 2016, 10:28:24 PM
Quote from: handi2 on January 09, 2016, 10:15:05 PM

Would be nice handi2 but I'm outta room in the shop. That table is 3 ft. by 6 ft. It was my Dad's from a High School carpentry shop class with my 3ft. by 3ft. tablesaw on the end.
Quote from: Max Doubt on January 09, 2016, 10:28:24 PM

......and an AlanTani wrench !! ;) ;)
You're right about that Max just haven't had time to order one yet.
Richy aka CaptainRMF

CaptainRMF

Sorry about the pic. Still have no idea how to rotate them for posting.  ??? ???
Richy aka CaptainRMF

CaptainRMF

Hey Guys, just an update. Been a little busy but managed to get 2 of my 349H's done. Upgraded CF 5 stack drag kit from Dawn (Thank you  ;D) with Cals drag grease and new SS posts from EBay. All internals greased with Penn Blue grease. Reels feel like brand new or better. Nice and smooth, ready for the Spring Striped Bass run here in NJ. Waiting for more parts for the rest but I'm getting there.
Richy aka CaptainRMF