Main Menu

cyclone

Started by wallacewt, February 02, 2011, 07:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

cyclone gunna hit oz tonight approx 11pm.oh what a ball biter this one is. largest in aust;history.wish em well boys

alantani

wallace, where are you?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

5000k,s in the opp; direction,going thru a heat wave and drought.im west coast bigt is east coast.but hes 2000ks sth.he,ll probably cop the floods somewhere close.to give you some idea its bigger than katrina,300k winds,high tide+6mtrs ocean rise.american navy boat measure the wind at 324 ks.its a lulu

Norcal Pescador

Wallace,

Hopefully the beast of storms will go cactus sooner than predicted. :-\

To all of the reel-Mates in OZ, please take care!

Regards,
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Steve-O

Here's the Sat image. It's dark there now so I guess this is infrared. Hope everyone fares as well as possible.
Steve-O

Rickman

Hang in there......I've sat through 4 now, no fun listening to the wind howl for six or so hours. Along with the stuff crashing and breaking for a little relief from the monotony. Weird seeing it spin in that direction. Good luck.

wallacewt

now a cat;2,  no loss of life

Dominick

Wallace:  Been watching the news here.  The newspapers say lots of property destruction but no loss of life.  How are you hanging in?  Do you have any personal cyclone stories?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wallacewt

hey dom,if you look at alans map im the little white dot bottom left at about 7 o ,clock.you cant get any farther away than that.
dont know what your news shows,but oz cities had a weeks warning.same towns had 3 cyclones in 5 wks.evacuation centres were set up,power turned off,bathtubs and drums filled with drinking water.it was well done,thus the loss of life.3 babies born while it raged.cyclone was named yasi,should have called it arafat,it was just as ugly. :D 

Norcal Pescador

Perth, by chance? Glad to hear Ozzies are so pro-active in their own well-being and could actually teach our "leaders" a thing or two. ;)
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

wallacewt

50 ks sth of perth i am

Dominick

Wallace:  I am embarassed to say that I had no idea where Perth was.  I pulled a map and voila there you are on the southwest corner of the country.  I am a big fan of the Aussies and have friends in Sydney and Melbourne.  You Aussies are our true allies.  My grandaughter went to the U of South Wales, and she raved about the country she saw.  Glad your okay.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wallacewt

i meant to tell you,all the sugar farms ,resturants,businesses   are owned by italians,innisfail,tully,ingham which was hardest hit is the centre of the italian community.aussies wouldnt live there.and when the first migrants arrived they could see the potential.started there farms and now supply great quantities of sugar,fruit wine,etc;they are tough bastards,they will bounce back.they get this every year,its just the severity of it.climate change?
there cementry is a great tourist attaction for the buses and travellers.huge headstones 20ft high,3ft photos of the departed,dont make sense to me.dont give me roses when im dead,how about when im alive.  

Dominick

Wallace:  It's an Italian thing with the monuments.  You should see the cemetery outside of Naples, Italy.  Years ago I was driving to Naples and was somewhat lost.  In the distance I could see skyscrapers.  Thinking that if I worked myself in that direction I would reach the heart of the city.  Well you can imagine my surprise to finally get to this skyline to realize it was the Naples cemetery on a hill overlooking the city.  I enjoyed a laugh over it. Dominick

Keta

I'm glad we only have to worry about volcanoes and earthquakes, I hope things don't get too bad.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain