Going to Oahu

Started by Bryan Young, February 02, 2011, 08:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Aloha guys,

I'll be traveling home (Oahu) mid March to volunteer at FIRST http://www.usfirst.org/ (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) competition event held at UH.

I will have a few days that I will be hanging out with family and friends, and am hoping to meet a few of you as well.

If you are interested in any of Alan's specialized parts http://alantani.com/index.php?board=13.0 to see and possibly purchase, like handles and arms, stainless steel gear sleeves,..., I'd be more than happy to bring some, within reason.  This will give you the opportunity to hold and actually see what you are buying.  PM me with your list and I'll see what I can do.  

Planning to stop by 5 Oceans 7 Seas (Lois), Brian's Fishing Supply (Brian), Alan Suan of Ewalu Kai (The Blackwater Distributors in Hawaii - http://www.ewalukai.com) and Hawai'i Goes Fishing (http://www.hawaiigoesfishing.com/), Dean Sensui (Hawaii Goes Fishing), and Kris Tyler (Westside Dive and Tackle in Kapolei).

Also hope to meet Kamu, Franky, and any of other that would like to meet as I don't know all from Oahu.

Unfortunately, I will miss the Ocean Expo.

I'll post pics as we go along the journey.  Hope to see you guys there.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

;D Need someone to carry all of those heavy parts? ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

kamuwela

aloha bryan let me know when you in town. i can take you to see lois at 5 oceans, you can meet lance too he is  great at building rods. we can take them lunch,i was just there yesterday for a visit.

alantani

bet the wife is ticked off.  he may have to stay a couple of days longer so she can calm down.  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Well, packing up a few items to be shipped to Hawaii next week.

6/0 handles
4/0 handles
2/0 handles
Newell Arms with and without handles
Accurate two speed boss 197 to the 870 arms
Spinner Handles - Personally, I think this is a perfect fit for jigmaster, 1/0, 2/0, 3/0, and several of the smaller Long Beach Reels that uses the Jigmaster gear sleeve.
Jigmaster, 1/0, 2/0, 3/0,... stainless steel gear sleeves (fine and course thread)
4/0 stainless steel gear sleeve
Heavy duty handle nut wrench for Penns
Bearing Packer Kits
Grease Gun Kits

If you need me to bring anything else, like Tiburon frames,drag washers (will be pre-geased), and the like, please let me know ASAP.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

dang it!  i was lookin' for some of that stuff today!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Uh, sorry.  What do you need?  I can bring some back.

I ran out of bags that had your label on them.  Luckily, I had some from stuff that I had bought from you  a while back...a long while.

kamuwela

Bryan Young

I've been speaking with Alan about packers, and he said that those automotive bearing packers, the one that screws together would work for those large bearings.  At the moment, nothing planned for anything bigger.

kamuwela

like mostly everything else either too small or too big. ive tried both, alan's are too small for me and the auto is too large. oh well cant win um all

Bryan Young

Let's measure up some bearings when I am in town.  Who knows.  If there's a market for larger bearing packers.  I'll post a pole to see the interest.

kamuwela

we can measure when we hit all the shop's and get feed back