bearing puller

Started by Pro Reel, January 13, 2016, 08:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pro Reel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-3-Jaw-Pilot-Inner-Bearing-Puller-Tool-Kit-/281889595156?hash=item41a1eddf14:g:tM0AAOSwYaFWdRRy&item=281889595156&vxp=mtr

Found this on ebay. It's still to big for the small bearings but I wonder if someone could build us some smaller arms for these or mill these arms down. I need this for 3 mm ID bearings

sdlehr

Pretty sure Bryan did this a while back. I contacted him to try to get one, they are no longer in stock. Maybe another production run could be done? Why reinvent the wheel?

Sid
SE FL
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Brendan

Bearing pullers are pretty exotic for small bearings from my experience. a lucky few got them and several more were disappointed. I'm very sorry I missed that boat.
Tight lines, Brendan. 

handi2

I really don't see how those type pullers would ever work.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

sdlehr

Quote from: sdlehr on January 13, 2016, 09:05:34 PM
Pretty sure Bryan did this a while back.
My mistake. It was Aaron (Reelspeed). I messaged him a few months ago, they are long gone.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Bryan Young

Hi Sid, I have a few tips left but no complete kits. I discovered that a SS welding rod that I have fits perfectly in the tips. I need to come up with a way to secure the tips so one can manually push the pin to push the bearing out. Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

PacRat

Bryan,
What diameter rod are you using?
Thanks

daddyhoit

I would like a tip for 113h sized bearings!

Bryan Young

Quote from: PacRat on March 03, 2016, 08:12:03 PM
Bryan,
What diameter rod are you using?
Thanks

0.060" diameter.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Quote from: daddyhoit on March 07, 2016, 09:35:09 PM
I would like a tip for 113h sized bearings!

I have one 1/8" tip left. Will also provide the SS welding rod that slides in the puller tip.  This will fit in your 113H.

I also have numerous 3 mm tips and probably one 4 mm tip (that I lost when I discovered the welding rid worked - excitement resulted in lost tip. Arg)