Randy

Started by thorhammer, January 14, 2016, 12:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

All, I have had a ton of irons in the fire on builds due to the incredible engineering and artisrty made available to us by some truly special, innovative folk.

I have to give major props to Randy in helping source all the goodies for some builds I have going; if he didn't have what I needed he went and got it, and all my stuff arrived today with top notch packing. I'm neck deep in jigmasters and going to finally finish off the Cortez Conversions 9/0 with drags from Dawn, handle from Randy, and SS sleeve direct from THE BOSS.

Randy has called me twice to make sure I was clear on what I was getting, which was a moving target on my part as Tom's plates and other things became available.

Now I have gear i am wincing to put grease on, let alone spool up and fish!!!!

Thanks, Randy and Tom!

swill88

Reel 224

Yes. There is a lot of talent on this site. I have learned a heck of lot here in the last year, and I am learning even more day to day.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

thorhammer

Yessir, I'm getting smarter but poorer, lol!!!!!!!!

Shark Hunter

Its not Cheap being Cool. 8)
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Nosir, it aint...I puckered up when I saw that pic of SS guts and goodies you posted the other day....

David Hall

Bery nicely done,  I can't wait to get after my new reel builds, but that has to wait for all my workhorse reels to get cleaned serviced and ready to go for Aprils salmon opener. 

sdlehr

Quote from: David Hall on January 14, 2016, 03:06:55 AM
Aprils salmon opener. 
This is still January, isn't it? Plenty of time before April!

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Reel 224

If you love your hobby it isn't expensive, it's money well spent  ::) ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

David Hall

Quote from: sdlehr on January 14, 2016, 05:43:24 AM
Quote from: David Hall on January 14, 2016, 03:06:55 AM
Aprils salmon opener. 
This is still January, isn't it? Plenty of time before April!

Sid

Yes but I have all the reels, rods, downriggers and boat to service before then.  Last year this time I had all the rods and reels done by now and had only the boat to get ready, this year, the boat is ready now but the rods and reels are on the bench.