Yellowtail and blue fin kits

Started by angelh, January 16, 2016, 08:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelh

Eye candy for you guys, 505W, 500'SW,99,Bluefin 112H,
All have Alan's stainless sleeves that I cut the teeth deeper for a deeper seated dog (probably unnecessary) but you know...., Bryans 5+1 stack in all, shaved spacer 5:1 in jigs and 4:1 in 112h, I double dogged all.

angelh

Deep cut sleeve gear, the brass dogs are for demo, I used steel dogs, one photo shows a shallow unfiled tooth next to a deep cut for comparison

Tightlines667

Nice reels!

Way to come in with a bang.

Great to see the level, and quality of the upgraded reels these days.  Those are lookers too.  They look battle ready though.  What is your target species?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

angelh

Thanks Tightelines,

Tuna species, White Seabass, yellowtail irons, Sturgeon fishing with a buddy in the South Bay at a "Secret spot" 🙊  Corpus Christi pier fishing some "Sharks", just love getting big drag numbers from smaller Tank reels...   And also for collecting like all of us... 

Here is another one, a P60WEX

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

angelh

Alan you're the Guru that makes all of us push the limits and make upgrades we can all us.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

angelh

BMITCH

Very,very nice reels!! Awesome collection :o maybe a couple of the knurled bearing knobs from Cortez conversions would look really sweet on those JM's

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

angelh

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Very Nice Reels Angel. That WEX is the Cadillac of 114H's.

Life is Good!

angelh

Thanks Shark Hunter.

The WEX are nice reel, I also have a Wide version with Accurate, Tib, Stainless sleeve from Alan, steel gears,double dog alternating sequence on both. Soon to put Bryans 7+1 stack.

Going to take them along with my 14/0 and 16/0 to Texas or Florida to land base shark fish and bolt them on to a Harnell and Kennedy fishers I've built..  Keep it old school, if they did the job then, they will do it now..

handi2

I fish in the upper Gulf of Mexico and the smallest Bluefin we catch are around 30lbs. How big are the Bluefin in your area?

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

Quote from: angelh on January 16, 2016, 11:46:27 PM
Thanks Shark Hunter.

The WEX are nice reel, I also have a Wide version with Accurate, Tib, Stainless sleeve from Alan, steel gears,double dog alternating sequence on both. Soon to put Bryans 7+1 stack.

Going to take them along with my 14/0 and 16/0 to Texas or Florida to land base shark fish and bolt them on to a Harnell and Kennedy fishers I've built..  Keep it old school, if they did the job then, they will do it now..
My Man!
All three of my Wex's have ss sleeves, double dogs, Hex or insert with BP stainless gears.
I also a Big Fan of the Big Senator's. I mainly fish a 12 and 14/0 with ss sleeves, SS or steel gears, double dogs and insert kits. I am patiently waiting for a shark big enough to test them.
Be good,
Daron
Life is Good!