BX-600 issues

Started by gtrfred, January 18, 2016, 10:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtrfred

My drag preset knob wont turn on my BX-600.  So I go to take it all apart into the three sub assemblies.  I removed the Torx-7 nuts and removed the handle and spool section from the frame.  I popped off the black cover and removed the e-clip that retains the spool shaft.  But the spool and shaft wont come apart from the handle assembly.

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas how to get them apart?  The accurate videos show the removal of the e-clip and it slides right apart.  I have disassembled other reels of this model and cant think of anything that would prevent the spool from coming apart other than maybe some horrible corrosion inside the reel.  I hope that is not the case.

alantani

the e-clip on the spool shaft is under alot of pressure is it slightly flares at that spot.  i just use a short hex head bit and tap it out.  just a couple of whacks is all you need. it will pop right out. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

gtrfred

Thanks alan.

I am able to remove the e-clip.  but the spool assembly and shaft wont budge after removal of the e-clip. 

alantani

just tap it out.......  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

gtrfred

that did it.  it looked super cleaned and well greased inside.  I am not sure why i was having such a problem with.

cbar45

Perhaps the fit and finish was a little too Accurate?...;)
(Sorry couldn't resist), glad it worked out for you..

Jon_Kol

Quote from: gtrfred on January 18, 2016, 10:06:47 PM
My drag preset knob wont turn on my BX-600.

Did you figure this part out? I had a damaged preset knob on a BX400N, thread damage but impossible to see with the naked eye. Got a new preset knob from Accurate, everything worked perfect as soon as the new knob was installed.