Winter Storm Jonas

Started by Shark Hunter, January 21, 2016, 04:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Sal,
Get that firewood stacked up Buddy. This one looks like a doozy!
All you guys out that way, be safe.
Joe, Mike, Bob, Dan, Dom. You guys are looking at a foot of the white stuff minimum. :o
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Yeah, it could be more :-\. I was scheduled to start my next project, this crap is going to mess me up really good.
We've been having temperature above 60  and I been working inside for the past 2 months. Now that I have a project outdoors, we get this crap...oh well.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

The weather has been crazy lately.
I said I wasn't going to put up any Christmas lights this year.
Two weeks before the 25th, I was out there in flip flops and shorts in 60 degree plus temps.
It has been really cold here lately, Single digits some nights.
I just know this storm has a lot of power, I am just going to get a little clip of it, but on your side, it doesn't look good.
Sorry it is putting a damper on your project, but you can't mess with mother nature.
Be safe,
Daron
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Yup, being in construction for 40+ years, I've learned that mother nature is the boss and most of us don't forget it.

I have enough reels to service that will keep me going for a few days ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

May stay mostly south of us here...Sal, you guys look like your in the crosshairs this time..no worries got plenty of beer in the fridge.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Reel 224

I was wishing we were going to have a mild winter ::) Notice I sad WISHING!  :( I have a friend coming over today to put the plow on the JD rider to prepare for this upcoming storm. I like Sal had a working career in construction for some 25 years outside and for the other 30 years was coped up in a office. I got soft >:( I cant wait to move to a warmer climate were there is little or no snow. ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

sdlehr

Anyone that can get a flight to West Palm Beach or Ft. Lauderdale is welcome to stay with us for a few days to let this pass.... :) It's going to reach 70 today and rain tomorrow, then 5 days of good weather. I don't miss the snow at all.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Reel 224

Quote from: sdlehr on January 21, 2016, 05:08:23 PM
Anyone that can get a flight to West Palm Beach or Ft. Lauderdale is welcome to stay with us for a few days to let this pass.... :) It's going to reach 70 today and rain tomorrow, then 5 days of good weather. I don't miss the snow at all.

Sid

Thanks Sid. The snow plow is on and the chains so I'm ready, for what that's is worth. They are predicting 10"-18" for our area. If that holds up we are in for a mess.

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dominick

It looks like most of you guys have the option of staying inside.  Poor Broadway Dom has to keep the parking lot clear.  I'm thinking aboucha Dom stay warm and dry.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

otownjoe

I got to see snow last Sunday for the first time in 39 years.Now I get to see a blizzard too. After this storm I can go home to Florida with fresh memories of what I've been missing.

coastal_dan

I just got a Blizzard watch warning on my phone... ::) I'm not a snow guy...stay safe all, I'll drink some Blanton's and think of you  8)
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

newport

I lived in Alaska for three years. A little bit of snow doesn't bother me.

surfcaster

So far so good up here.Over 9 feet last year, looks like this one will miss us in new england.

BMITCH

Quote from: surfcaster on January 21, 2016, 10:16:14 PM
So far so good up here.Over 9 feet last year, looks like this one will miss us in new england.

Yeah...you guys got an #### beatin last year...all of us in the NE are getting off easy this year. This is the first real snowstorm so far.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

swill88

worst part of the storm might be tornadoes in the south...

steve