Winter Storm Jonas

Started by Shark Hunter, January 21, 2016, 04:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

We were only originally only gonna get 2-6 inches...well we got over a foot now and it's still coming down at a good clip. Good thing I made sure the snow blower started yesterday..😳👍🏻😜

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Reel 224

Sal: Your dog is looking you as if to "let me in,let me in".  It's still snowing! :(

Joe

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

NYIsles55

When they re-open the LIE, I'm bolting straight down to Florida! Any of you northeast guys with me?

coastal_dan

We are probably in the 16"+ range now...and still coming down heavily.  It's been fun playing with Leah outside though, her eyes lit up this morning as we showed her all the snow. :o
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

alantani

just checked in with mo at mysticparts.com  the power is out but they still have the kerosene heater and they should be past high tide and are still dry.  guys, stay safe!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 21, 2016, 06:01:30 AM
Yeah, it could be more :-\. I was scheduled to start my next project, this crap is going to mess me up really good.
We've been having temperature above 60  and I been working inside for the past 2 months. Now that I have a project outdoors, we get this crap...oh well.

We're getting nothing but rain and my project is trying to do earthwork and underground utilities.  Been almost a month and we've managed only 4 days work.  Looking like a long wet winter with little to do.

coastal_dan

Old Inlet Bait and Tackle had shown a photo on FB, looks like they have some water through the doors.  Lots of posts on FB of boats floating down streets still attached to the trailers in NJ...scary stuff.  Wife has a friend in Brigantine and the water is about to come through the front door.  My folks are in Lewes safe and sound, but some of the photos are downright scary; there is a lot of water moving through the coastal towns.  Our prayers will all those affected in a negative way... :-\
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Reel 224

It's still snowing here and the bottom rail of the fence in this picture is covered. That's about 16" of snow or more.

Joe

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on January 23, 2016, 09:18:31 PM
just checked in with mo at pennparts.com  the power is out but they still have the kerosene heater and they should be past high tide and are still dry.  guys, stay safe!
Gov. Christie stated on the news " no major flooding is S. Jersey "
Here are a couple of pics some friends have been posting, these are from Wildwood Police Department:

I'm not posting what they're saying about him ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

Damn! That is horrible. The people along the shore have gotten it up the yang. We have a friend that lives in Lavalette two blocks off the ocean, and the back yard is on the Lagoon. I know she is at her daughters home inland.

Joe

newport

That's unfortunate. I visit the Wildwood and Cape May area a lot. The doom and gloom by the media seemed silly at the time, but I live about an hour inland, so it's not that bad where I'm at. I'm a little surprised the only places that are open are Wawas, but somebody has gotta fuel the plow trucks.

Reel 224

Still snowing heavily. I don't that I will be able to push the snow tomorrow morning. I was not going out today with the wind and heavy snow....my mistake. :-[ :(

Joe

Ron Jones

You all stay warm, stay inside and stay safe! We're praying for all of you.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

MarkT

Indeed, stay warm and safe. Back when I lived where it snows, I'd shovel every 4" or so. Waiting until it's over could be tough. I was in Tahoe with my wife, who was a native Southern Californian, and was shoveling snow while it was still coming down and she didn't get it. I told her that it was easier to shovel 4" 3 times than 1' once. I was born in St Louis and have lived in Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver and Hartford amoung others where they had 'real' winter weather. OTOH, I've now been in Southern California for nearly 40 years so I'm really over winter weather.  I do have a condo up by Lake Arrowhead which is above 5,000' so I've had to shovel snow here too! I did live up by Alan in Sunnyvale and snow was something you only see on TV. At least down here in SoCal we can look up and see it on the San Gabriel and San Bernardino mountains to the east... On a good cold spell I can look up and see snow on Saddleback in the Santa Ana's too.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

foakes

Joe & Ruth --

Forget about the snow -- it is not worth the trouble clearing it off yourself.

You are going through a recovery after a major surgery -- and if needed, you can hire someone to clear it when it is done snowing.

If I was closer, I would do it for you -- don't make me come out there...

The bench is enough for now -- listen to Ruth.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.