Ahi Poke Burrito

Started by Tightlines667, January 21, 2016, 09:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Mmm...
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

Nice! They would have to grill mine though, even if it's really quick on both sides.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

newport

Damn that looks good. It just needs a little spice and it'd be perfect.

ChileRelleno

I'll second the "Yum!" and upgrade it to Yummy!

Dang that looks yummy.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

MarkT

Sure looks good although I don't know that I want poke in a burrito.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 21, 2016, 10:00:07 PM
Nice! They would have to grill mine though, even if it's really quick on both sides.
I'm on your side Sal.  I want my fish cooked.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

anglingarchitect

No Sashimi fans in the group seems impossible. I would eat it up as is, or ahi.

Is that sriracha mayo I see?

RiverAngler

Makes my mouth water just looking at it.  Sashimi, sushi, it's all good. In fact, we have a salmon fishing "ritual" on the river. First fish caught is bled, filleted, and is a fresh sashimi breakfast.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Newell Nut

Quote from: Tightlines666 on January 21, 2016, 09:56:06 PM
Mmm...

John
I just walked up to Time Market and got a pound of fresh spicy ahi poke for dinner tonight with some fresh veggies. Raw ahi is good for me.
Dwight

Tightlines667

Quote from: Newell Nut on March 26, 2016, 01:32:10 AM
Mmm...

John
I just walked up to Time Market and got a pound of fresh spicy ahi poke for dinner tonight with some fresh veggies. Raw ahi is good for me.
Dwight

Good call Dwight! 
Be aware most of the Ahi Poke found in the supermarkets is actually freon-treated Skipjack or Yellowfin imported from the Philippines.  Tamashiro's, Nico's, and others use fresh locally-caught fish.  Not sure if you can really notice the taste in most Poke though.

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

oc1

Freon-treated?  How does that work John?  Sounds appetizing.

I won't buy wild fish but will eat whatever my wife puts on the table when it's her turn to cook.
-steve

Newell Nut

Quote from: Tightlines666 on March 26, 2016, 02:11:50 AM
Quote from: Newell Nut on March 26, 2016, 01:32:10 AM
Mmm...

John
Dwight

Good call Dwight! 
Be aware most of the Ahi Poke found in the supermarkets is actually freon-treated Skipjack or Yellowfin imported from the Philippines.  Tamashiro's, Nico's, and others use fresh locally-caught fish.  Not sure if you can really notice the taste in most Poke though.

Times Market has a choice of fresh at 17 a lb and previously frozen at 11 a pound and I chose the fresh hot spiced variety.