Daiwa Saltist 20H Cast Control Knob

Started by xperksx22, January 23, 2016, 05:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xperksx22

Lost my cast control knob while fishing. Ordered a replacement cast control knob and it screws on but does not adjust the tightness of the spool. Is there another piece that I lost that I am missing ? Maybe some type of washer ? If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Fish-aholic

Inside the spool tension cap there should be a rubber spacer washer, then a brass shim on top.  ;)

Steve.

xperksx22

Thank you ! Looks like I am missing both the rubber spacer washer and brass shim. Anyone know the part numbers for the Saltist 20H i was looking at the schematics and can't find them.

steelfish

not the best method, but you can get away with a felp shim washer and a cooper shim from any other reel, as long as they fit the cap

The Baja Guy

Fish-aholic

Quote from: xperksx22 on January 23, 2016, 07:12:19 PM
Thank you ! Looks like I am missing both the rubber spacer washer and brass shim. Anyone know the part numbers for the Saltist 20H i was looking at the schematics and can't find them.

Key #60 - Part #6B175503 - spacer A

Key #61 - Part #63757501 - spacer B

;)

xperksx22

Does anyone know where i can buy these 2 parts for the saltist 20H cast control knob ? I am having trouble finding a place that sells them.

Hook um

Quote from: xperksx22 on January 30, 2016, 09:06:28 PM
Does anyone know where i can buy these 2 parts for the saltist 20H cast control knob ? I am having trouble finding a place that sells them.

Hope this helps, find one close to you

http://www.daiwa.com/us/service/index.html

BoB