Look at all this old crap I had to buy just to get a tld 15

Started by thorhammer, January 23, 2016, 11:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

And some coffee can treasures to be shown later...

MarkT

Not bad if you bought the tld for $30 and they tossed in all the other stuff.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

foakes

Every one of those are quality reels.

Penn, Mitchell, Quick, ABU, Shimano, Cardinal, Daiwa, etc.

Somehow I think you are not complaining.

Ultralites to HDs.

Randy has a nice selection of TLD5, 10, 15, 20 -- at very fair pricing for AT members.

Nice selection, John -- lots of good work there to do.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Aiala

Holy cow... like 16 Mitchells??   :o

You must have a major yen for a TLD 15, LOL  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Ron Jones

I'm interested in one of those big Mitchels if you have a high speed model.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

handi2

You got some very good spinning reels. I'll take any of them!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

thorhammer

Guys, this is basically the tip of this iceburg and the reels I've paid for. There are another twenty i may get and another four buckets of stuff I've no interest in.

Keith, this is why I said hold on, I've got to revisit my parts request; I came up on this after our initial convo.

Fred, when my buddy toldd me Quick Microlites on the phone, I immediately thought of you. Great reels.

Aiala, to be sure there are only fifteen Mitchells; I think I must have sent one somewhere ;)

There are also some coffee can specials....I expect to get four-five Squidders depending on how many parts I have to donate, a 500S, a 402, a 488, a 410, a 406, a 306, aaaannnnnnnddddd.....a Calcutta 700S...who doesn't love a 700S bag o parts on AT????

At the end game I will see how it all shakes out may put some out there for you guys; I literally had to set up tables for this as my bench was already packed.

First and foremost I would like to credit this site for giving me the knowledge and confidence to wade right into this and know what can be done, and a forum of experts ready with council if I get hung up

Acually the TLD would be the first one sold, lol.....

thorhammer

Oh I forgot about the two tomato stakes that I got with this junk. Guess I'll hang gourds on them or something. Only Pre-Penn set I have seen here in North Cackalacky.

thorhammer

Tomato stakes

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

foakes

I know you won't get overwhelmed, John -- you know what you are about when it comes to organization and good reels.

If it were me, I would split them up into separate boxes by brands.  Break down and go through each separately -- starting with the easiest needing the least amount of work first.  Get the low-hanging fruit first -- so you can enjoy some good progress before getting hung up on any pesky or tough issues.

Of the (6) D.A.M. Quick Microlites showing -- the older 265s with the curved stand stems are some of my favorites for function, lightness, and appearance.  There is also a 110N -- which is a good reel also.  But there appears to be a 1000 Microlite with a skirted spool -- these are very desireable, fairly rare, and one little tough reel.  This was close to the last series (Championship) that DAM allowed the German engineers to have complete control over -- before moving production to Asia in the late 80s.  Sort of a last harrah after a lifetime of employment.  After that -- survival, competition, and profit were designing reels for Quick -- along with Mr. Plastic.

If that reel were being produced today -- with the same quality as 30 years ago -- I believe it would be in the $250 range for a little 6 oz. reel.

If you need parts for any of the Mitchells, Quicks, Cardinals, Penn's -- I probably have what you need -- along with others on the site.  I notice that one of the Cardinals may have a rough body -- I have some of those also.

Thanks for sharing, and have fun!

Good purchase.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

Quote from: handi2 on January 24, 2016, 01:54:35 PM
I need to talk to you about the 488..

ok. not sure what is all there yet. five different conatiners of mixed brand parts to sort.

thorhammer

Fred, first thing I did when this came about was buy those gray totes under the table to do exactly that...I am approaching like an estate sale, which is basically what it is....catalog everything, assess worth, triage as to level of love it will need to get up to snuff. This is going to take a while, and I already was backed up on projects. I intend to keep seperated from my existing projects / collection until I get a final view of what I will keep vs. what I won't, otherwise I won't know what to pay for in the end game. I will def be needing some parts from you and Keith, at the least. See this little guy....maybe my favorite out of the while deal. I did pull this one down first thing; only thing I needed to replace was a bit better LW shroud and a good cleaing.

coastal_dan

Gadzooks, you have got your work cut out for you...looks like fun :)
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

sdlehr

Looks like fun is right. Except for Alan. Too many spinners  ;D

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector